Coming back to nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I've been away for some time. I changed career and went into healthcare. I keep getting drawn back to nails. Not so much the beauty side of things.
I loved shellac and see so much has changed. I trained at the Carlton Institute in Windsor to do manicures, extensions and beauty treatments.
I did have a beauty room at home but since moved and my parents live with us so no extra rooms now.
It would have to be mobile as can't find any nail stations to rent. I'm nervous about starting again. I'd need more equipment but have my Cnd lamp still.
Any advice on how to get back out there please?
X

Identify what is daunting you most. If it's the business aspect there are lots of helpful threads on here. If it's in treatments it can help to do another course, particularly if it's in a product or treatment you're keen to offer anyway.

I can relate to the situation you describe in terms of wanting to come back to the industry after some time out so wishing you well :)

Identify what is daunting you most. If it's the business aspect there are lots of helpful threads on here. If it's in treatments it can help to do another course, particularly if it's in a product or treatment you're keen to offer anyway.

I can relate to the situation you describe in terms of wanting to come back to the industry after some time out so wishing you well :)
Thank you for your reply.
I think it's actually doing the nails. It's been so long and I can't even have nice nails for my current job.
I suppose I've answered my own question.....practice practice practice x

I personally find it less daunting to work on skills than business. Skills is the fun part :) in your shoes, if I could afford it I'd look into a course to give me a refresher. Perhaps something offered by a product company like a conversion course or something.

Thank you for your reply.
I think it's actually doing the nails. It's been so long and I can't even have nice nails for my current job.
I suppose I've answered my own question.....practice practice practice x

Hi everyone
I've been away for some time. I changed career and went into healthcare. I keep getting drawn back to nails. Not so much the beauty side of things.
I loved shellac and see so much has changed. I trained at the Carlton Institute in Windsor to do manicures, extensions and beauty treatments.
I did have a beauty room at home but since moved and my parents live with us so no extra rooms now.
It would have to be mobile as can't find any nail stations to rent. I'm nervous about starting again. I'd need more equipment but have my Cnd lamp still.
Any advice on how to get back out there please?
X
I'm the same having a break from nails as no time to devote to going mobile but I keep up to date mainly keep practising and courses when I have time also start going to trade shows and book the seminars

Don't feel bad, I am 35 and went to school in Michigan when I was 23 for cosmetology n had to quit...then to....what I thought would be a quick fix to manicuring nails course just barely finished...I am in Florida now starting my Masters Feb 1st for fashion Design and Product development...I love hair n nails n although I practice on family and know a lot I am still not there with feeling comfortable to offer service. I have to make a seeing studio and it will also be my beauty room because for the next year I'm practicing everything I can then finally I'm going with my hours to a school to finish. I still have everything from school books, goal charts so I will be studying so when I go to the school they can test me on anything n I will be able to present it and execute it, along with answering theory. I love nails,
I also am taking a eyelash extension class and wrap class to make more money in the meanwhile while working on my masters. I also love fashion and merchandizing
I have a beauty course with business that I'm doing on Trendimi.com
Also YouTube is awesome
Get a portfolio going to show future clients

I'm the same having a break from nails as no time to devote to going mobile but I keep up to date mainly keep practising and courses when I have time also start going to trade shows and book the seminars

I agree. I can identify with this. I do my own nails and friends and family when I feel like it. This way, I don't feel that my skills and interests have diminished, I have a great hobby and I don't feel that I have to be making money from it to feel that it validates it :)

Latest posts

Back