Commercial make-up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been put in by my college as one of the people to go to a beauty competition where i will be doing manicure and commercial make-up,i was just wondering what the judges are looking for from the students when they say commercial make-up?
Sarah xxx
:eek:

I have been put in by my college as one of the people to go to a beauty competition where i will be doing manicure and commercial make-up,i was just wondering what the judges are looking for from the students when they say commercial make-up?
Sarah xxx
:eek:

Erm....when I do commercial makeup, it's exactly that....makeup for commercials and advertisement features!

The word commercial can also be applied to makeup that is available on the high street, though I doubt this is what your college is referring to.

Maybe the judges will give you a scenario, for example; a brand name and product, and the general look they are aiming for, and then leave the rest up to you?? Or maybe they are referring to commercial makeup as an up-to-date look that's wearable everyday (something I'd refer to as street makeup)....?? Who knows!

Perhaps you'd be better asking your tutor at college, who's bound to know more about the competition than anyone on this site!

hth

cool!

what adverts have you done Amy?

got any in the pipeline we should look out for?

I bet that's a proper exciting job!

cool!

Do Yellow Pages do full colour now? :lol:

just kidding Amy - I remember last time we met you were meeting up and doing work for Toni & Guy - how is that going?

cool!

It really isn't! Working 12 hour days with loads of waiting around isn't my idea of excitement anyway.... Fashion is more fun, everything's all going on at once and the time flies.

A lot of the shots (that I've done the makeup for) that have ended up as commercial prints haven't started out as such, because the photographer has a library of photos that companies can choose from....so a simple test shot can end up advertising anything from a fashion boutique to the local dental practice.

Shoots that I've done knowing what they'll end up advertising have been posters advertising plays, and I've assisted on a couple of more prestigious advertising jobs.

Anyway, back to helping beauty babe123....do either of you know what the competition organisers might mean by commercial makeup within a comp?

Latest posts

Back