Company training or NVQ training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Reneeg

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Apologies if this sounds like I am repeating myself I am new and tried to do this earlier and am not sure if i managed it or not :confused:!

Anyway I newly subscribed today but feel a bit of a cheat as I am a complete newbie (no training of any kind in Nails). I have been reading some of the threads and they are very helpful and funny!!!

I have decided that I should train with a company such as NSI or Creative starting from the bottom and work my way up Foundation course etc. I know I want to aim for an NVQ 2+3. but I still have a question (sorry :eek:).

The courses that you do with say Creative, do they eventually lead to an NVQ once you have established a portfolio. Or do you, then once carried out the training with them, have to go somewhere else to get a recognised qualification? This maybe a stupid question but having been on their website it doesn't really explain if NVQ is the final outcome.

All answers greatly received.

Ren

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Creative training or any company training is a recognized qualification and once you have completed their courses you will be fully qualified. The nvq is a different route and is normally done separately from any company training.

laurajagreen

Reaction score
Hi I live in Oxfordshire too so I thought id say hi. Im looking to do some beginer training too so let me know your findings and maybe we could do it at the same time :)

Laura xxxxx

NailLounge

Reaction score
I swear by Young (Distinctive)Nails training. They do a technique called reverse sculpting which is amazing. The training is fab and products are lovely. I can't send you a link as I don't know how but just Google them!
X

sparklybits

Reaction score
I swear by Young (Distinctive)Nails training. They do a technique called reverse sculpting which is amazing. The training is fab and products are lovely. I can't send you a link as I don't know how but just Google them!
X

Hi

And welcome to the site hope you find all you are looking for here.

And a agree totally with NailLounge love the reverse application.:hug:

Reneeg

Reaction score
Hi I live in Oxfordshire too so I thought id say hi. Im looking to do some beginer training too so let me know your findings and maybe we could do it at the same time :)

Laura xxxxx
Hi Laura

Had a look at your website that looks cool! Hope you don't mind me asking where you did your training?
I am not really sure yet but one thing is certain people seem to think Creative is all singing all dancing it gets great reviews. So I a seriously considering them.
Ren

Reneeg

Reaction score
Creative training or any company training is a recognized qualification and once you have completed their courses you will be fully qualified. The nvq is a different route and is normally done separately from any company training.
Hi lellipop

I am still confused. I noticed on your website you are VTCT and IHBC qualified if you don't mind me asking how did you achieve this?
Thanks
Ren

maguire

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the site, I am sure you will enjoy it, Hope you have joined ......

the STSS to save our sprouts from Sassy (one of the other geeks) who wants them to be obliterated:lol:

Reneeg

Reaction score
just wanted to say thanks for all the help either from replys or just reading the treads I realise you get newbies all the time and must be sick of repeating yourself!!!!
After much deliberation I think my best path is with a company like Creative and then see where I go from there. Have e-mailed them and hope to hear from them sometime next week.
Cheers ears!
Ren x

Reneeg

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the site, I am sure you will enjoy it, Hope you have joined ......

the STSS to save our sprouts from Sassy (one of the other geeks) who wants them to be obliterated:lol:
I am not sure I should ask but huh?

gemmamarie

Reaction score
I am not sure I should ask but huh?
Hi Ren & welcome to the site:)

If you go to the chit chat forum you will see loads of threads that are all non beauty related This is where you will find the sprouts thread:lol::!:
I believe that alot of people on this site have voted for sprouts to be put in room 101 (the TV programme):)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts