Complaint 10 days later

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile-hands

Reaction score
Hi All, hope you are well...

A client visited my salon 10 days ago for bridal shellac fingers & toes... I didn't do them myself another member of staff did.

Today the lady called and left a message saying that her ring finger chipped the same day and a toe nail chipped the next! She said the rest of the nails remained fine but she had to visit another salon nearer to the venue for a repair!

On our website we ask for any problems like this to be reported within 3 days of application (although we really don't get many and if we do we do a free repair!)

However as this lady was getting married And so I understand (or though not confirmed) that she may have gone on her honeymoon straight after and this has been her first chance to contact us about it.

This was the ladies first visit to our salon.

How would you deal with this situation?
I have a few ideas but would like to know yours!

Thanks x

First visit to your salon so I'd say not a regular shellac client in general (otherwise surely she'd go to her regular place?).

I'd thank her for the feedback, clarify that you do offer free repairs within 3 days, say something like "I do wish you'd let us know at the time, we could have fixed them for free for you", sympathise with her if she then claims she was too far away to travel back to you to have the nails repaired, and offer her a half price treatment by way of an apology for any incovenience caused.

She had the time to ring and visit another salon but not ring you to let you know they had chipped? I agree with the above post, apologise and reinforce the 3 day policy and how it would have been free if she'd let you know etc x

Latest posts

Back