Completley fed up maybe I should just paint them.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take yoour time with your learning and ok you dont have to charge for your products but they should still tip you,if you dont get into the habit of taking payment it is very hard to start or to know when you are ready. If a friend tips you 5 then 2 months later tips you 10 then without her even saying it she is showing you she appreciates what you have been doing.

as for practicing you MUST do it EVERY day! a few tips, the nail trainer, marigold filled with salt/rice, and dont forget people you ALWAYS have you own hands. I believe that if you do your own nails you can see what you are doing, how your filing is and also what your removals feel like. Ok you'll only have 1 hand done but isnt it a talking point 'I'm practicing on myself and looking for models'

I use to practice on people for free, however this wasnt a good idea as I had quite a few volunteers who were out for freebies and wanting tips etc all for free. I now charge £10. This way it helps me cover costs and to tell you the truth they dont mind paying as they feel they are getting a bargain.

I have bought loads of clear tips from ebay which I practice on. I recently read a post saying about rolling up some blue tac and sticking a tip at the end of it. I have tried this and it works a treat.

Good luck with it all, and dont be too hard on yourself. I quailified in Dec 2008 and like you still very new to it. I still really enjoy doing nails and I love seeing what I have created once I have finished. I am learning new things every day and this site has been a great help.

Latest posts

Back