Concealer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good concealer for mixed race skin.

I have patches of melasma on my face and I can't seem to find a good concealer. I am looking for a yellow based one, most of the ones i find are orange or blue toned.

i.d bare minerals:lick:
jenx

Benefit Lemon Aid is yellow - it's primarily used for the eyes, but I'm sure it can be used elswhere on the face.

Marlise

likewise id bare minerals , my daughters mixed race and swears by them she also uses their foundations as well

Benefit Lemon Aid might be too light for you (judging from your skin tone in your avatar).

Try MAC's Select Moisturecover, just make sure you stick to NC, which is yellow-based, rather than NW, which is pink-based.

If Select Moisturecover is not offering enough coverage (it usually does the trick trough) ask for samples of the higher pigmented concealers (I can't remember their exact names at present, and don't want to give you duff information! But if you want the exact names, I will look in my kit at home and fill you in later!)

hth :green:

Hi there, thanks for advice.

Where do I buy this bare mineral foundation from and which colour would you suggest I try.

I have tried so many foundations that are sooooooo the wrong colour.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage is THE best concealer in the universe.

MAC does a good range of foundations for dark skin.
They do them in two tones. You can either be red or yellow skin tone.

I think your best bet is to go to a MAC counter. Their prices are realistic too.

Where do you live? Check out the nearest MAC countr to you...

Let them try the stuff out on you before you commit yourself to buying any.

Latest posts

Back