Concerned about VTCT in microblading- advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steph.h

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm doing lots of research into microblading courses and am very keen on Phibrows and Demagraph. But I keep reading about laws changing to need a vtct level 4. Has this affected anyone? Is it going to be a requirement soon?
Also has anyone trained with either phibrows or dermagraph? What are your experiences?
Any advise welcome.
Thanks

Always worth having a vtct qualification. Nationally recognised. Standardised. Always insurable.

There’s a lot of speculation about level 4 across the industry. Peels, needling, microblading and so on. I think there will be a time that it is a requirement, and rightly so. There are some seriously bad trainers out there and some seriously bad therapists. Everything seems to be one and two day courses. My ex therapist did a two day blading course and thinks she’s an expert. If you want to go into something like microblading, get recommendations, look at what support is offered post training (super important) and find out how hard it would be to convert your training into a level 4 qualification.

Vic x

When looking for a trainer ask them about level 4 VTCT, are they looking into converting. My daughter qualified a month ago but it took her 3 months of study, course work and training before she was passed, the company who she went with did say that if level 4 is needed they will do a conversion ( hopefully for not too much money!). However she did say that most of the women on her course were not therapists and were from all backgrounds, which I'm not sure is good.

Hi,

You may want to look at The Clinical Academy they wrote the Level 4 Microblading qualification for VTCT and their trainer Emma has won many awards.

Dermace now do a level 4 conversion they are very good and have a good reputation

Latest posts

Back