Confidence been knocked – hair extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amount of hair very much depends on 3 very important factors -
length of hair and layers
thickness of natural hair
and size of head (pumpkin or pea!)

Standard fit full fit - on fine to border line medium needs 140 0.8 to 1 g strands
medium to thick needs 160 to 180 0.8 to 1 g strand
Thick hair, short hair or large head 160 to 180 0.8 to 1 g strand.

The Shorter the hair and layers the further into the crown you go requiring more extensions to offset and blend the natural layered and heavier weight.

VERY fine i.e baby hair and/or a small head you will get a half head application distributed over a full head. I.E 80 to 100 0.8 to 1 g stands

Nicely put.

Apologies in advance for the long thread

Can anyone help, I don’t know whether I've done something wrong or just had a tricky client? Its knocked my confidence badly :)

I had a booking the other day on a client who had very thick hair, short, shoulder length, all the same length making it look even more thicker and a block of hair.

I purchased 200 strands for a full head, 0.8g hair......I left no gap between rows or per bond, due to the thickness I done quite a few rows up to the ear line then started on the sides but only managed to get in two rows each side as the hair ran out, I wasn't happy with the end result, the back looked good but the sides needed a lot more to blend the hair in and just have more around the front, the client was happy as she wanted the extensions to wear her hair up but I was quiet disappointed, even after blending the hair in you could still see where her hair stopped ...I was lucky this time but never what that to happen again...how many stands should I be buying for thick hair and how many rows do you generally put in at the sides?

The way I was taught was to apply rows of hair up to the top of the ear line (half head) then start applying at the sides only, from the ear back missing the crown area, is this correct, was it just a case of me needing more hair?

Please help?

I work more by grams rather than strands as someone can have 200 0.5 strands and that's only 100g where as 200 1g strands is 200g I always order more than needed and charge accordingly, anything left I bag up and give to client to bring for their maintenance

Latest posts

Back