Conflicting information from cluster lash training and here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailnewbie32

Reaction score
Hey girls ( and boys!)

I'm going to sound really stupid and I apologise, but I'm confused about the application method for cluster lashes. I have been reading through the many threads on here about various lash extensions, and it seems that the clusters are attached to the actual lashes ( still unsure if this means on top of lashes or beside lashes)

However I was trained to place the lashes in between the natural lashes and on to the lid. I'll be very honest and say I thought the set I had applied and applied to another girl myself, looked really false. When I said it to the trainer she said to fill in the gaps with eyeliner/shadow to make them appear more natural, this actually did work.

So, was I taught an incorrect method or a different method?

Since joining SG I've had an overwhelming feeling I have wasted a year and a lot of money on rubbish training.

Thanks for reading xx

Hey girls ( and boys!)

I'm going to sound really stupid and I apologise, but I'm confused about the application method for cluster lashes. I have been reading through the many threads on here about various lash extensions, and it seems that the clusters are attached to the actual lashes ( still unsure if this means on top of lashes or beside lashes)

However I was trained to place the lashes in between the natural lashes and on to the lid. I'll be very honest and say I thought the set I had applied and applied to another girl myself, looked really false. When I said it to the trainer she said to fill in the gaps with eyeliner/shadow to make them appear more natural, this actually did work.

So, was I taught an incorrect method or a different method?

Since joining SG I've had an overwhelming feeling I have wasted a year and a lot of money on rubbish training.

Thanks for reading xx

I was taught with flare/weekend lashes to apply to root of the lash, making sure some glue is applied with the flare lash to the mid part of the natural lash- if that makes sense.

As for wasting your money on training, I'm sure you haven't. I bet you have some great tips you have learnt that you could pass onto newbie's like myself.
I'm not sure if there is an alternative way of applying the lashes. Only know the way I was taught. hth x

Ah hun I think the confusion lies with the lashes themselves.

The different types of lashes and how they are applied:

Cluster individual lashes (like strip lashes but much shorter strip wise) - these are applied as you were taught to the lashes/lid. They will probs come off after a couple of days.

Strip lashes - a full length strip of lashes which covers the whole eye applied with a similar glue as cluster lashes. These are mostly worn for a night out.

Express lashes: the lashes which are applied to only the natural lashes themselves. Must be removed after about 2 weeks to avoid damage to natural lashes.

Individual lashes: 1 lash is applied by a lash tech to 1 of the clients natural lashes. This is repeated so there are about 70-100 single lashes on each eye.

I hope that helps and I hope it's right!!
Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong x

Sorry don't know how to multi quote!

@KattyKat, that's what I have been reading on here, the method you use which makes sense in order to blend them in.

@pinkbunny that is very helpful xx Maybe I have my terminology wrong, but we used the 3 lashes together ones. Which I gather to be cluster but we were under the impression it was individual lashes ( I'm almost certain my cert says individual) but technically that would mean actual individuals which are semi permenant and attached to single lashes ( is that right???)

So sorry if none that makes sense! My head has been wrecked for weeks with various treatments/services and I can't seem to find what I'm good at :(

This wasn't intended for a sob story LOL

Aww hunie don't worry!!

Can you tell me which course you did? That might help to establish which one you did x

Aww hunie don't worry!!

Can you tell me which course you did? That might help to establish which one you did x

I did one with Star Nails, we used the Salon System lashes both strip and the ones I mentioned.

From what you've said I think it's the first two I mentioned but I can't find the course on google.

Hopefully someone else will be along in a minute to clarify x

Cluster and strip lashes can touch the lid/skin right at the root of the lashes as the glue is not as strong as individual eyelash extension adhesive, which definitely should not touch the lid/skin.

Sounds like you are doing the correct method, I think you've just got a bit mixed up with all the different lash extension services.

I sometimes do 2 rows of clusters to fill in the gaps, make them look fuller and more natural. They should only last a few days.

Cluster and strip lashes can touch the lid/skin right at the root of the lashes as the glue is not as strong as individual eyelash extension adhesive, which definitely should not touch the lid/skin.

Sounds like you are doing the correct method, I think you've just got a bit mixed up with all the different lash extension services.

I sometimes do 2 rows of clusters to fill in the gaps, make them look fuller and more natural. They should only last a few days.

Ah THANK YOU! Maybe I read the previous posts wrong and as you said got the lashes mixed up. It's a confusing oul industry to me sometimes. So many products and brands and methods.

Thank you all though you have made a flustered girl a little less flustered xxxx

Glad to hear it :)

p.s. im not sure if ive told you this but i love your piccie, always makes me smile hehe

Glad to hear it :)

p.s. im not sure if ive told you this but i love your piccie, always makes me smile hehe

It makes me smile too :) remind me of my two youngest kids :D

Ah hun I think the confusion lies with the lashes themselves.

The different types of lashes and how they are applied:

Cluster individual lashes (like strip lashes but much shorter strip wise) - these are applied as you were taught to the lashes/lid. They will probs come off after a couple of days.

Strip lashes - a full length strip of lashes which covers the whole eye applied with a similar glue as cluster lashes. These are mostly worn for a night out.

Express lashes: the lashes which are applied to only the natural lashes themselves. Must be removed after about 2 weeks to avoid damage to natural lashes.

Individual lashes: 1 lash is applied by a lash tech to 1 of the clients natural lashes. This is repeated so there are about 70-100 single lashes on each eye.

I hope that helps and I hope it's right!!
Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong x

Fabulous!!! love this post - has cleared so much up for me I was so confused thank you!

Latest posts

Back