Confused, Artistic Colour Gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chihuahua-lover

Reaction score
hi hope you can help me out here, ive just invested in artistic colour gloss and am unsure of the procedure for the base coat tom bachik gently scubs this in before cureing on his video demo whereas some techs recommend to ruff it up after cureing, can anybody who has been on the training clarify this for me? ive also bought the building gel i know what its purpose is and when to apply it but not sure how to apply it, is it one thin layer or do i float it on, help please. Ive tried to contact louellabelle for advice but no joy there whatsoever.

Why do you buy this stuff if you have no idea how to use it and obviously don't have any inclination to take a class? This site is not a place to get nor is it a substitute for a free class or instruction when you obviously have no idea of what you are doing with this product. Any nail technician who has used any kind of gel before would know what a building gel was for.

Tell me, did you buy from ebay or the authorised distributor for the product?

The following is from a post you posted yourself in February this year. So maybe it will answer your own question as you seem to have forgotten.
NSI do a range of body builder gels which have a thick viscosity allowing you to build the upper arch and holds its shape without the need to freeze it for 10 seconds.

This thread might be useful to you.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/154100-tptw-care-discuss-your-business-success.html

Last edited:
Hi all....... I also recently purchased some Artistic Colour Gloss. I have friends who have been to Artistic workshops which I hear are great. I had some similar questions about the Bulider Gel. I called Louella Belle on 0208 238 6300. Their in-house education team were able to explain all and I picked up some other great tips too.

hi, if you look at my thread you will see that i have tried to contact louellabelle with a view to training on several occasions and received no response to my enquiry being keen to get started i bought the products via beauty express i would never go the flea bay route as i now the damage this causes to the nail industry, on the subject of nsi yes i use nsi products including their gels however, i wanted to make sure of the absolute correct procedure for use of the building gel having never used artistic products.
Yes i do believe in training as the dents in my bank balance can testify, if seemingly loullabelle dont want my business what is a girl to do? If anybody wishes to contact me from louellabelle that would be much appreciated.

Why do you buy this stuff if you have no idea how to use it and obviously don't have any inclination to take a class? This site is not a place to get nor is it a substitute for a free class or instruction when you obviously have no idea of what you are doing with this product. Any nail technician who has used any kind of gel before would know what a building gel was for.

The following is from a post you posted yourself in February this year. So maybe it will answer your own question as you seem to have forgotten.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/154100-tptw-care-discuss-your-business-success.html

I think this is really harsh as she is asking for advice as there is conflicting opinions on application techniques if this site is not a forum to share tips advice etc etc then please tell me what it is as I am now confused!!!

I think this is really harsh as she is asking for advice as there is conflicting opinions on application techniques if this site is not a forum to share tips advice etc etc then please tell me what it is as I am now confused!!!
the poster should have made it clear from the start about training problems etc. If people don't make their position clear then their post are going to be misconstrued.

I use artistic colour gloss every day and I love it better than any gel polish I've ever tried! I scrub on the base cure for 90 then dry brush before applying colour this way u avoid any bleeding of colours especially if ur doing some fancy nail art here are a couple of sets I've done with a wee bit of nail art! It's so good and can create so many colours! Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321993242.885520.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321993242.885520.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,540
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321993294.764068.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321993294.764068.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 2,666
Seeing as Iv'e heard Gelish and Artistic are manufacturered by the same company..I would therefore say you apply it the same way as you would Gelish. So if your having problems maybe have a watch at the Gelish application video.

As for the base coat apply very thin layer..then cure..the take a clean dry gel brush and just wipe it over the cured base coat...it just gives a more sticky layer for your colour to stick too x

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but isn't that what I just wrote? X

Seeing as Iv'e heard Gelish and Artistic are manufacturered by the same company..I would therefore say you apply it the same way as you would Gelish. So if your having problems maybe have a watch at the Gelish application video.

As for the base coat apply very thin layer..then cure..the take a clean dry gel brush and just wipe it over the cured base coat...it just gives a more sticky layer for your colour to stick too x

They are one and the same product and Tom Bachik is no longer with Artistic.

I use artistic colour gloss every day and I love it better than any gel polish I've ever tried! I scrub on the base cure for 90 then dry brush before applying colour this way u avoid any bleeding of colours especially if ur doing some fancy nail art here are a couple of sets I've done with a wee bit of nail art! It's so good and can create so many colours! Xxx
It says to only cure for 60 seconds for the base coat, wouldn't you be over urging?

Wow... Aren't you rude....

Latest posts

Back