Confused re Gel & Acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmojo

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've recently qualified in gel and am currently doing nails really cheap so I can build up my confidence... I use EZ-Flow. I've only ever hadgel on my nails - my nail tech uses NSI.

A couple of ladies have told me that when they have their gel done previously - it's normally done by dipping the brush into liquid, then powder and "moulding" to where it should be round the nails which sounds like Acrylic to me.

Am I being completely stupid by thinking that? I thought all gel came in gel format and that the L&P was an acrylic style product.

I really hope I'm not embarrassing myself by even asking! :o

Hi there,

I've recently qualified in gel and am currently doing nails really cheap so I can build up my confidence... I use EZ-Flow. I've only ever hadgel on my nails - my nail tech uses NSI.

A couple of ladies have told me that when they have their gel done previously - it's normally done by dipping the brush into liquid, then powder and "moulding" to where it should be round the nails which sounds like Acrylic to me.

Am I being completely stupid by thinking that? I thought all gel came in gel format and that the L&P was an acrylic style product.

I really hope I'm not embarrassing myself by even asking! :o

No you're not :hug:

It is confusing because when people go to discount salons the people in those salons tell the clients they are using 'gel' when in fact they are using a liquid and a powder. Basically ... they lie! They lie because they are ignorant and because they think the customer/client perceives gel to be a safer product. Gel is not a safer product ... all nail products are safe and all none are safer than another.

so don't be confused. gel is gel and a L&P is not a gel. Oh .. and by the way ... all nail products are acrylic so we distinguish by saying L&P, gels, or wraps.

Latest posts

Back