Conservatories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaznal

Reaction score
At the moment im working out of my daughters room as she's away at Uni but she's in her last year now so will prob be coming home, so I need to think about where my new nail station will be. I really want a conservatory built and use that but I cannot see that it will be any good for doing gel due to curing in daylight. Does anyone work in a conservatory successfully?

Just following as I would like to know the same xx

At the moment im working out of my daughters room as she's away at Uni but she's in her last year now so will prob be coming home, so I need to think about where my new nail station will be. I really want a conservatory built and use that but I cannot see that it will be any good for doing gel due to curing in daylight. Does anyone work in a conservatory successfully?

I was told doing gels working out of a conservatory wouldn't work well. Wouldn't you consider an extension?

There are a few nail techs that work in conservatories, I suppose being extra vigilant with storing your bottles etc but I'm thinking about the potential heat in there in the summer for client comfort and yourself at the height of summer?

x

I believe a conservatory doesn't need planning permission. I suppose some conservatories could look more like extensions in that they don't have a glass roof?

You sure do need permission if it is over a certain size, near a road or path. You will also need a letter from your council advising you don't need planning permission when coming to sell your property otherwise it causes problems when moving. I've just been all through it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

If going to the expense of a conservatory then the expense of Taylor made blinds for the ceiling are a really good idea. My sister has an opaque Perspex roof that really cuts down the sunlight and also got blinds fitted at the windows and door.
And evidently 2years ago we had hale balls the size of tennis balls and my sisters Perspex roof was one of the only conservatories that didn't have an insurance claim.

I love our conservatory but it's really hot in summer (unbearable) I can't even sit in it for long but you can install ceiling blinds and you can even put a proper roof on them now (so our local friendly conservatory roof sales man keeps telling me)! Ours is just a basic plastic roof but it's a great space. X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm mobile, but I do work out of my conservatory for friends and family who I know, and who I am happy to have in my home, ie. people who normally pop round for a cuppa anyway.

I can't comment on storing stuff in there as I don't but I can comment on working in there!

Firstly, in winter, conservatories are freezing!

Secondly, as it has been lately, when it's hot, it's unbearably so in a conservatory. We can open up the windows and the doors... but guess what happens then... couch roll is a flying...and foils and lint free wipes... unless it's all weighted down. That's if there's a breeze.... if there's no breeze.... then it's just too uncomfortable to work in.

I should mention, that my conservatory is entirely covered in vertical blinds, except the doors, but this does not help! And the ceiling is also covered in blinds.

Some days though, if the light is just right and the temperature is just right, it's an absolute pleasure!

Personally though, I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks. Lots to think about

Until about a year and a half ago I successfully worked out of my conservatory for years doing gel, l&p Biosculpture and shellac nails. You do need to be vigilant especially when it's sunny but with blinds, mobile aircon and heaters it is definitely a possibility all year round ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403038075.304705.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403038127.307069.jpg

We have a conservatory but was here when we moved and I just don't like it at all! Well, I didn't until recently because it's SOOOO hot in summer like a sauna some days and warmer than outside and then in winter it's absolutely freezing could see my own breath sometimes!
We recently invested in getting the ceiling insulated to help with temperature control which is working and I do like it more now but if I had a choice I would just have an extra proper room extension not a conservatory.
Everyone's different though I guess, hope you figure it out!

Latest posts

Back