Considering buying a pedicure spa chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beaulaser

Reaction score
Hi All,

Though the product itself matters, I am more concerned regarding the warranty for when things go wrong and how customer focused the company selling them is:

Taking into account price (between £1100 to £2300 ) I have considered these options so far

1. beautydealsdirect.co.uk - (£1400 to £2300 inc VAT approx) though the problem seems to be that there T& C stating warranty is more than a joke. They are stating if something goes wrong, we might refund, but only after you have paid upfront for labour and possibly parts, and then we will find the time

2. cosmetronics.com - (£1600 to £1800 inc VAT approx) Been to their offices and they appeared OK, though I recognise a few users here have had issues with their customer services, though their T& C state no onsite repairs unless cash handed ove beforehand and " Cosmetronic 1 Year Warranty. The seller will provide product warranty lasting 1 year from the invoice date on selected products. The seller will provide labour, additional parts or a suitable replacement if the goods are deemed to have a manufacturer fault".

3. Lastly quirumed.com. Cheapest pedicure spa chair (£1100 approx), though their T & C 'appears' to give standard warranty.

Any opinion no matter how small would be great?

Last edited:
Are you an established salon with a strong clientele? If so, what do you charge for a pedicure?
All these chairs look great but they take a really long time to earn their keep and if they go wrong you have a big hassle.

Many times I've looked at pedi chairs but still carry on as I am.

Probably not much help. Sorry!

Vic x

Are you an established salon with a strong clientele? If so, what do you charge for a pedicure?
All these chairs look great but they take a really long time to earn their keep and if they go wrong you have a big hassle.

Many times I've looked at pedi chairs but still carry on as I am.

Probably not much help. Sorry!

Vic x

Sincere thanks for your input.

Currently in the process of moving from a designated room at home to a shop location (was looking for the right location for over two years and there is a regular clientele for other services - though some have asked for pedicure), and we are in the process of kitting it out.

Compared to everything else, these chairs take a sizable portion of the budget (Like to pay from profit rather than loans if possible), and were wondering on the quality on offer and the payback.

If you don't mind me querying - why have you held back in purchasing?

Last edited:
For several reasons. You can get extremely comfortable chairs and foot spas separately. We use a leather tub chair and a footsie which vibrates and keeps the water warm. A pedi chair is an expensive way to offer pedicures and you'd have to sell a lot to justify the expense - especially if you get a good result without them.

Vic x

The salon I used to work in had one and my god it was nothing but aggro!

Cleaning it was a pain between clients when we were busy.
It leaked.
People who came in with clients would always try and sit in it and stand on the footbowl causing more leaking problems.
It was a nightmare.
Id choose a good old bowl with a comfy chair over a big spa chair any day.
I personally wouldn't waste the money after my experience with one.
x

The salon I used to work in had one and my god it was nothing but aggro!

Cleaning it was a pain between clients when we were busy.
It leaked.
People who came in with clients would always try and sit in it and stand on the footbowl causing more leaking problems.
It was a nightmare.
Id choose a good old bowl with a comfy chair over a big spa chair any day.
I personally wouldn't waste the money after my experience with one.
x
Thanks.
When you speak to Cosmetronics and PSJ Beauty Salon Equipment, they do lay it on thick on how reliable these machines > now < are compared to when they first came out

I prefer having a pedicure lying or half sitting on a couch then pedi chair which I find not that comfortable . Also if someone has nasty thing on their feet that germ goes into your jets and you have another health risk. A simple
Bowl is most hygienic to be honest.

I would definitely recommend DIR had my chair 5 years and the remote broke they send me one for free and it only broke coz my client dropped it in the water and I told them they have been fantastic for me I am buying another chair soon xxx

I have the dragon chair the massage is fantastic xx

Also avoid cosmetronic like the plague look on threads about them I had bad experience and many other geeks xxx

I must be a bit strange as I rarely soak feet nowadays! I find it a Pain trying to balance the bowl, I have my clients relaxing on the couch (which they love) and I use hot mitts to cleanse ...

Latest posts

Back