Waxing waxing waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you good people deal with those clients who are, shall we say, less than thorough in their personal hygiene?

Hi Kate,
Loved the tut, could you please tell me what type of oil the you use
because i was told never to use oil at the start only at the end of the treatment.:confused:

I am ITEC qualified in Holistic massage and Sports massage and would like to do a waxing course. I wondered what sort of course would be best for me...any suggestions?

Great tutorial!

I am also confused about the use of oil. It it only for hard wax or can it be used in soft waxing.

And about stretching and holding the skin: Should the skin be held in the same direction of hair growth or side to side?

You can use oil under soft wax as well as hard wax. A light massage oil works well. If you apply too much, the wax will just slide around, if this happens, just blot with a tissue.

As far as stretching goes... no real rules. Just as long as the skin is taught.

You can use oil under soft wax as well as hard wax. A light massage oil works well. If you apply too much, the wax will just slide around, if this happens, just blot with a tissue.

As far as stretching goes... no real rules. Just as long as the skin is taught.

Hi
I can understand your theory regarding coating the skin with oil to protect the skin but does this then stop the hair attaching to the wax as it will coat the hair also????????

nope it doesnt, you only use a tiny bit!!
the only thing i have noticed whn using a little bit of oil on dry legs, is that you cant use yor strip for as long because the oil stops the wax on the strip from sticking tot he wax on the skin. but it wont stop the hair from comeing out!

nope it doesnt, you only use a tiny bit!!
the only thing i have noticed whn using a little bit of oil on dry legs, is that you cant use yor strip for as long because the oil stops the wax on the strip from sticking tot he wax on the skin. but it wont stop the hair from comeing out!

Thank you for your reply I notice in one of your threads that you didn’t use this method and you was going to I guess you have started to use it? Or do you continue to do it your trusted and tested way? I have never used oil previously I use phd pre wax and post wax but i was wandering if oil is the way forward?

Thank you for your reply I notice in one of your threads that you didn’t use this method and you was going to I guess you have started to use it? Or do you continue to do it your trusted and tested way? I have never used oil previously I use phd pre wax and post wax but i was wandering if oil is the way forward?

Yes, oil is the way forward. It makes waxing much more gentler on the skin, decreases the chance or tearing skin from your client, and overal makes the experience much better for the client.

im conffuesd as to why we should be told on hear how to wax if you are tranied and now qulifide shouldnt you now how any way? also someone said that a brizzilian wax was a bit from top and bottom a brizzilian is all off and a hollywood leaves what we call a landing strip down the middel how come it is different things in different places i was taught the brazzilian and hollywood and every one i know was also taught that way on tv they show it that way.

im conffuesd as to why we should be told on hear how to wax if you are tranied and now qulifide shouldnt you now how any way? also someone said that a brizzilian wax was a bit from top and bottom a brizzilian is all off and a hollywood leaves what we call a landing strip down the middel how come it is different things in different places i was taught the brazzilian and hollywood and every one i know was also taught that way on tv they show it that way.

everybody has different methods, we are here to share them and learn from one another.

:hug:WOW WOW WOW! Im doing a wax course in a couple of weeks and feel wiser already. you definatly have a knack of explaining how to do things i cant wait to start doing it now! Thanks x x x x:):)

Great tutorial, can you advise a little more on bikini waxes please?
My problem is i REALLY struggle to see the direction of growth, I know in general the hair tends to grow toward and down the centre of the bikini area but I struggle in the creases and as it tracks further down toward the bottom.
Any advice would be so gratefully recieved!!! I bruised a client tonight and don't want to carry on! :cry:

My problem is i REALLY struggle to see the direction of growth, I know in general the hair tends to grow toward and down the centre of the bikini area but I struggle in the creases and as it tracks further down toward the bottom.
Any advice would be so gratefully recieved!!! I bruised a client tonight and don't want to carry on! :cry:

The best way around this is to use non strip wax and you'll never bruise your client. It just doesn't happen.

However, if you use only strip wax, that's fine too.

Apply the wax really thin and remove in tiny amounts, rather than putting the whole of the strip over it.

Picture this: Apply the strip wax in the crease of the leg from top to bottom......really thin. Take a clean strip and starting from the bottom, place just a couple of inches of clean strip over the wax, stretch from below and pull sharply....don't hesitate.

Fold the used edge up and then turn your strip around so that the folded edge is now your pulling edge. Again, place the clean edge on just the bottom couple of inches of wax. Press, stretch, remove.

Once you feel confident that you can do this, you'll be able to remove one side with one strip. BUT....until you feel confident, use another clean strip and continue upwards.

The reason for this is that once your strip gets loaded with wax, this can cause bruising.

So to re-cap.

Apply top to bottom
Remove Bottom to top
Really thin wax
Clean strip
Stretch
Small bits

Good luck and let us know how you get on. xxx

It's best if the hair is trimmed, you can see the growth better then! if the hair is long just do smaller sections. literally, 2cm x 3cm at a time, untill you can 'see the wood for the trees' lol. then you can do bigger sections as you can see the hair growth better.

it really is just a case of using your eyes though!! just look carefully at which direction the hair grows.

hope that helps a bit.

x

It's best if the hair is trimmed, you can see the growth better then! if the hair is long just do smaller sections. literally, 2cm x 3cm at a time, untill you can 'see the wood for the trees' lol. then you can do bigger sections as you can see the hair growth better.

it really is just a case of using your eyes though!! just look carefully at which direction the hair grows.

hope that helps a bit.

x

Ha Ha! You can tell I'm an oldie KL.....I couldn't think what the inches were in metric. xx

Great (detailed)waxing tutorial particularly the (ouch!) Hollywood! LOL! My query is that having coated the whole of the front of the lower leg with wax you say to start "at the top" presumably below the knee-cap and work downwards. In doing this, are you not then placing the wax strip in the "middle" of the waxing area? Would this not be kind of messy if you place your free hand for support whilst you "stretch" the area directly onto the wax, or do you not stretch the area?
I know you follow this method to avoid stringy bits of wax but when I tried this I just got all sticky!

anyway, a brilliant contribution and many thanks!:)

June

you dont really need to stretch the lower leg, unless they have loose skin, which is rare. you can actually stratch the skin from ABOVE the area you are working on dont forget. ie hold the skin from above the knee. Same when you do the thigh, i start at the top but hold the skin at the inner thigh, as the hair grows inwards nyway. Its really hard to explain in words.

Great (detailed)waxing tutorial particularly the (ouch!) Hollywood! LOL! My query is that having coated the whole of the front of the lower leg with wax you say to start "at the top" presumably below the knee-cap and work downwards. In doing this, are you not then placing the wax strip in the "middle" of the waxing area? Would this not be kind of messy if you place your free hand for support whilst you "stretch" the area directly onto the wax, or do you not stretch the area?
I know you follow this method to avoid stringy bits of wax but when I tried this I just got all sticky!

anyway, a brilliant contribution and many thanks!:)

June

thankyou that ws relly helpful

Latest posts

Back