Constant problems with Gelish & customer service gone down hill!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
I offer both shellac and Gelish. I have always preferred Gelish myself and most of my clients do until the last year or so!
I started withering out my shellac polishes, when they ran out not replacing them and only buying Gelish as this is what I was mainly using. The problem is a lot of the colours (new ones) are fading terribly for example I had a client in on Thursday had a light purple all over (will have to check the name in the morning) and by Friday sent me a photo they had all turns white! I had problems with colour like your so sweet your giving me a toothache fading but not so quickly. If they don't fade they shrink or look uneven! I phone Gelish and tell them about the problem which they obviously know about as other people must complain and I'm asked repeatedly if I have the receipt. Some I do some I don't, who keeps all their receipts? Then I'm told send it in with a receipt and we will test the polish and if theirs a problem we will refund. As if I'm going to call and lie! I sent photos in emails. Not one apology! Have made a huge mistake swapping brands, at least with sweet squared the customer service is second to none! Can safely say Gelish have blown it for me. Can't keep having clients returning unhappy and I have to use my time and money redoing their nails free of charge when I'm not at fault. So disappointed with the customer service! Anybody else have the same problems with Gelish?

I've noticed as well since last September 70% of my clients have switched from Gelish to shellac! Says it all really

I find the worst is it isn't just limited to one or two color groups anymore (ex: pink and purple are terrible faders!!) But the new collection for fall, the blue, green and nude all change colors within a few days! I carry both shellac and gelish brands but am losing faith in gelish with every new collection that comes out :(

Yes I agree, it's beyond a joke! Surely these products should be tested before they are released! I feel as though Gelish feel they have made their name and don't care about their customers anymore! Such a shame

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440718969.521546.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440718985.817284.jpg

If you are running a business you should keep all your receipts for products & equipment etc.
And just to add, you'd be surprised how many people call up and lie about faders just because they bought a colour they don't actually like or don't use. And colours have to be tested to see if it is the actual colour with the problem or if it was something the clients have been doing/using.
I've only ever received excellent customer service from nail harmony so it's a shame you feel that way

Surely if it's happened to several colours and customers of both the Geeks in two different countries, then it's more likely to be a problem with the product?

If you're not getting good support from Nail Harmony, perhaps you need to look at gradually investing in another Gel brand? There are so many decent brands to choose from these days.

Nail harmony will assume you have the reciept as obv you need to keep all your reciepts for your accounts /tax return so I don't think its an unreasonable request. I am.also sure they get people purchasing from ebay etc,yet contacting nail harmony when things go wrong,hence another reason for proof of purchase via themselves. X

I have a few gelish faders and
They asked me for receipts although I do have them somewhere it'd be a lot of trouble for me to find them as my receipt box although in order is huge and full and I can't remember when exactly I purchased some of them.

I'm not sure why they can't go back on their records as surely it would be on your account what has been ordered.

I ended up just putting the faders to the back of my drawer and thinking one day I will fish the receipts out but I hve enough to do so know deep down these will be destined for the bin which is a shame

If you are running a business you should keep all your receipts for products & equipment etc.
And just to add, you'd be surprised how many people call up and lie about faders just because they bought a colour they don't actually like or don't use. And colours have to be tested to see if it is the actual colour with the problem or if it was something the clients have been doing/using.
I've only ever received excellent customer service from nail harmony so it's a shame you feel that way
I keep all the receipts for my equipment yes as cost a lot of money. I have so many polishes and don't think to keep receipts for those. Surely Gelish will know the true faders as it wouldn't just be me complaining about it, their will be hundreds of other techs complaining. Also all my receipts go to my accountant I shouldn't have to chase her up saying I need to sift through this and that trying to find that receipt for one of around a hundred polishes! Impractical

I would have thought also that Gelish would have it on their system what I have purchased from them. If I had brought it from Sally's with no receipt they would check my account and find when I purchased etc and would have no problems taking the polish back. Nail harmony should be the same. I didn't even get an apology on the phone once was just told repeatedly I need a receipt and made to sound like I was lying to get a free nail polish! Just felt the customer service was poor and the girl on the phone was down right rude

Could you return clothes to a shop without a receipt? Nope. Same for your Gelish it's no different. And as eager beaver said so many people purchase from eBay so it's how they know wether you bought it from them or not.
If you bought direct from nail harmony they can check on the system to see when you purchased.
Who did you speak to?

I always research the colours before buying them in order to avoid faders! Maybe use the faders that you have as a backing to full glitterd nails?? Pink gel polish with all over pink glitter. Just an idea to avoid wasting them.

Attachments

• 2015-08-27 20.02.52.jpg
    2015-08-27 20.02.52.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 122
Hi BronzeBeauty, I work in the sales office at Nail Harmony. We really are here to help and I apologise on the behalf of anyone you've previously spoken to if you've been spoken to rudely. Please give me a call on 01708465902 and I'll see if I can sort your issues out for you.
I am on annual leave next week and I am back from w/c 14th September. This is also applies to anyone else who has issues, I will be happy to sort out any problems you have.
Thank you!

Could you return clothes to a shop without a receipt? Nope. Same for your Gelish it's no different. And as eager beaver said so many people purchase from eBay so it's how they know wether you bought it from them or not.
If you bought direct from nail harmony they can check on the system to see when you purchased.
Who did you speak to?

Sorry, but the clothes shop analogy is flawed. Legally, under the Sale of Goods Act, if the goods are faulty the retailer has to refund you. You don't have to provide a receipt or proof of purchase even though they try to insist on it.

Unfortunately, the Sale of Goods Act doesn't apply to business transactions.

-----------------------------

If the customer services rep was unhelpful or rude on the phone, don't give them your business in the future.

Sounds like a training opportunity for Nail Harmony!

Sorry, but the clothes shop analogy is flawed. Legally, under the Sale of Goods Act, if the goods are faulty the retailer has to refund you. You don't have to provide a receipt or proof of purchase even though they try to insist on it.

Unfortunately, the Sale of Goods Act doesn't apply to business transactions.

-----------------------------

If the customer services rep was unhelpful or rude on the phone, don't give them your business in the future.

Sounds like a training opportunity for Nail Harmony!

That isn't true. Many places won't refund without a receipt regardless of if an item was faulty or not. As you could have stolen it and tried to return for the cash back.
Whatever the law states.

That isn't true. Many places won't refund without a receipt regardless of if an item was faulty or not. As you could have stolen it and tried to return for the cash back.
Whatever the law states.

It's irrelevant. The Act doesn't require the consumer to supply proof of purchase and no case law has ever supported this.

The retailer can't refuse to refund when the problem falls within the remit of the Sale of Goods Act or the Supply of Goods and Services Act.

They can't impose their own conditions that contravene an Act of Parliament.
That's why when they try to do so, they display a ridiculous sign saying...

'Your Statutory Rights are not affected'.

Of course they're not affected. What they are trying to do is illegal but most customers are rather naive and let them get away with it.

That and accepting a credit note when they're entitled to a full refund.

Makes my blood boil that some retailers get away with it so often. :mad:

The retailer can't refuse to refund when the problem falls within the remit of the Sale of Goods Act or the Supply of Goods and Services Act.

I think it comes back to demonstrating the sale. A LOT of distributors have issues with diverted and counterfeit goods so it would be unfair to expect a company that didn't sell you the goods to be held to replace them. In other words, I can't expect PC World to replace my computer I bought on Amazon.

Jazz popping in demonstrates they want to help so thats all good in my book!

Latest posts

Back