Consultation forms, who gets to keep them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
This is a strange situation that I'm finding myself in but basically...

I have been renting a space from a salon for about 2 years and along the way (to stop confusing clients) we used one generic form (between the two of us there) which was headed in the salons paper. The owner has decided that she is leaving and so we have separated our clients back to who's is who's.

I'm wondering that as the form is headed on her paper am I allowed to keep the form as the clients treatment was carried out by me - with hers and my signature on.

As far as I am aware the permission to use that data lies with me as I was the one that carried out those treatments and they have my signature and the clients on but the salon owner is saying that because it is headed on her paper and they filled in in at her salon that I have to give them all to her and get my clients to fill out brand new forms when they book in. Clearly if that's the case I can't contact them using the data they have me though can I?

Could someone help me out please :hug:

Initially I would recommend checking your contract terms and conditions, if there is nothing stated in there about to whom the clients data belongs, I would be quite sure that there is no legal issue for you having duplicate data or the contact details of the clients you have brought to the business. Clients procured by the salon may be a different matter. Ultimately, call your professional body they will be able to give you the most up to date legal advice on this situation.

As your self employed your clients are yours.

It doesn't matter that the consultaion cards were on salon headed paper.

The client gave you their information and signature so the information they gave is yours. You should NOT duplicate this information and give it to the salon owner or anyone else.

You get to keep the cards for your clients but I would aim to get all clients to fill in a new up to date consultation card as soon as you can.

As your self employed your clients are yours.

It doesn't matter that the consultaion cards were on salon headed paper.

The client gave you their information and signature so the information they gave is yours. You should NOT duplicate this information and give it to the salon owner or anyone else.

You get to keep the cards for your clients but I would aim to get all clients to fill in a new up to date consultation card as soon as you can.

Thanks, I am keeping all the clients data that have given me permission to hold their info. I also spoke to CAB, HMRC and ICO who stated that they ARE mine.:p

I will also be asking my clients to fill out an up to date form for my records.

Latest posts

Back