Contact lenses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have been wearing glasses for a couple of years now and sometimes I hate them. Some days when my hair and make up looks good , as soon as I put my glasses on they ruin it lol I'd like to try contact lenses but I'm abit freaked out about them. I'm worried they'll go round the back of my eyes and get lost! (I know they won't lol) is there anyone here that was the same but now wears contacts all the time? X

Haha my friend told me her dads got lost at the back of his eye when I was 13. It's impossible! I've been a contact lense wearer for 10 years and wouldn't be with them. Just try it, you got nothing to loose :)

I've worn them for many, many years. I love them, although I'm not at all squeamish and have no problem touching my eyes.
Nearly had a blip when they stopped making my lens make a while back, but it worked out in the end.
I think that, if you are well motivated,you will get used to them very quickly. Why not have a trial?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402945699.165073.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402945846.105119.jpg
This is me with and without my glasses. My husband loves my glasses but they just annoy me lol x

I've worn them for many, many years. I love them, although I'm not at all squeamish and have no problem touching my eyes.
Nearly had a blip when they stopped making my lens make a while back, but it worked out in the end.
I think that, if you are well motivated,you will get used to them very quickly. Why not have a trial?

I'm very squeamish! lol I can touch my own eyes but I'm not sure if I can put something in my eye lol x

Hey babychops! You look amazing with glasses and without ! If you want to try contacts go specsavers they do free trials I believe (OH Works there). Basically if you can gently touch your eye in general you should be ok! They teach you how to put them in and out properly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey babychops! You look amazing with glasses and without ! If you want to try contacts go specsavers they do free trials I believe (OH Works there). Basically if you can gently touch your eye in general you should be ok! They teach you how to put them in and out properly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks 😊, I might pluck up the courage and give it a go soon. I have no idea if they are expensive or anything x

Most opticians will give you a free trial of contacts.

Personally I'd avoid spec savers like the plague. Had a terrible experience with their contact lenses - as a result wasn't able to wear lenses for 2 years. And now can only wear daily disposables. I pay £40 a month which includes 2 checkups a year (again because of the problems caused by spec savers :(

You get used to them very quickly and you'll have a lesson about how to put in and take out.

Last edited:
Most opticians will give you a free trial of contacts.

Personally I'd avoid spec savers like the plague. Had a terrible experience with their contact lenses - as a result wasn't able to wear lenses for 2 years. And now can only wear daily disposables. I pay £40 a month which includes 2 checkups a year (again because of the problems caused by spec savers :(

You get used to them very quickly and you'll have a lesson about his to put in and take out.

O no that's terrible :-( x

It was a bit scary at the time! It's fine really I just need to be a bit careful

I should just say I think I was very unlucky - and I have friends who use that optician with no problem.

I've probably scared you now. Sorry. Just your sight is so precious don't just go for cheap, go for quality!

It was a bit scary at the time! It's fine really I just need to be a bit careful

I should just say I think I was very unlucky - and I have friends who use that optician with no problem.

I've probably scared you now. Sorry. Just your sight is so precious don't just go for cheap, go for quality!

No you haven't scared me (too much lol) I'm not sure where the best place to go is. I know I'll be very nervous first time but I'm sure everyone's like that until you get used to it xx

No you haven't scared me (too much lol) I'm not sure where the best place to go is. I know I'll be very nervous first time but I'm sure everyone's like that until you get used to it xx
Ask the place you get your glasses from. I go to a little local optician and it's great. I probably could get my lenses cheaper online too. But after they helped me I feel quite loyal to them!

Yes it's very odd when you first get them. But you'll only be able to wear them a few hours at a time to build up your tolerance to them.

You could always try laser? Then get some plain glass glasses to wear if you feel like it!

Ask the place you get your glasses from. I go to a little local optician and it's great. I probably could get my lenses cheaper online too. But after they helped me I feel quite loyal to them!

Yes it's very odd when you first get them. But you'll only be able to wear them a few hours at a time to build up your tolerance to them.

You could always try laser? Then get some plain glass glasses to wear if you feel like it!

I got my glasses from boots, they were quite good. Omg I couldn't get laser surgery. That really freaks me out! Haha x

I'm getting excited about it now I'm talking about it lol x

Good luck! Ask in Boots next time you go in!

I've been wearing glasses since I was 6 & feel completely naked without them now. I've tried contacts but can only wear the gas-permeable ones (hard lenses) due to the stigma on one of my eyes the soft lens slip. I couldn't get used to wearing the hard ones so have given up.

But I do think you really suit your glasses.

I have always had a thing about my eyes; about things being in them, people things in them. But I just hate glasses they make me look even more ugly. So I braved contact lenses and honestly I love them.
I had an appointment to be shown how to put them it but I couldn't so I had to practice holding my eye open and pretend I was putting them in; went back to see if I could do it and I could. I've had them for 3 months now and love them :) I pay £26 a month for mine x

Think that's what I need to do, practise lol it would be lovely not having to wear glasses x

Does the optician put the contacts in for you first time? I don't think I'll like that, I don't want someone's finger lunging at my eyeball! lol I prefer to do things on my own x

Mine did, so I could wear them for a few hours before deciding. Others might be different though x

Latest posts

Back