Contraindications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just had a double check of my old textbooks was wondering if i had it wrong, but in both of them and my a+p it puts ringworm in the category of nail dieseases that should be refered for medical treatment so iwouldn't personally do it x
Each to their own chuck:green:

ok i'll agree to disagree, although isn't it a fungal infection that is contagious could sterilise tools but what about enamel.

As long as you use a hospital grade disinfectant for your foot bath and implements and throw away anything that cannot being disinfected (ie orangewood sticks) then a funal infection is perfectly safe to work on.

Follow the golden rule and you should be fine... If the skin is swollen, inflamed or broken, or oozing, do not work on it... otherwise just follow proper cleaning procedures.

Ditto estherlou. No signed record card, no insurance liability.You are the professional after all.
Does anyone know part of the original qu about refusing even if boss insists? I'm intrigued now!

If this was a situation I was to find myself in I would inform my boss of my reasons not to administer treatment. If it was a definite contra indication that I had been taught not to administer treatment in the presence of, I would resign straight away. If the salon is treating clients with contra-indications which should prevent treatment their hygiene policy is obviously of a very poor standard. No matter how early it is in my career I would never lower my standards to be associated with such a place- it can only cause harm to my reputation.

Latest posts

Back