Conversion advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicola90

Reaction score
Hi,

I know there's been a lot of posts about conversion courses before, but I'm looking for some personal advice really. I'm currently training with EN (I know a lot of people don't agree with distance learning, but I just couldn't take the time off work to do a full course!) and I'm actually enjoying it, as I've also been using the tutorials on here and on Nail Angel (fab website!).

Anyway, I understand that, although down to personal preference, CND are really the top dogs in the nail industry at the moment. I spoke to S2 a couple of weeks ago about converting, however they said my EN course isn't recognised with them :eek: and so I'd have to do the foundation l&p course eek! That's really not financially viable at the minute, however I know CND will let me do the conversion if I first do the conversion with NSI. I'm using some NSI products at the minute with my training and really enjoying them, however I ideally want to offer Shellac which I can only do with a CND qualification. Basically after all that babble (sorry) my question is, is CND really worth doing the NSI conversion first for? I know most people on here love S2 and CND, and I will probably get lynched for saying this, but the girl I spoke to wasn't really that helpful and seemed to look down on me for my EN qualification. I'm half tempted to do the NSI conversion and stick with them. Maybe I've just answered my own question, just wanted some other people's insight into it!

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the length of the post :)

Nikki x

Hunnie you can use/order Shellac if you have a Mani and Pedi cert. However if you want to order anything to do with enhancements you must show that you have completed and passed you EN course, then you can open a secondary account..which you can order most things other than thier enhancement products ie L&P or Gel.
You don't have to train with them to order the Shellac..Hope that helps you xx

You can order shellac if you have a mani/pedi certificate, however, CND do not accept all types of qualifications. If they have already told you that they won't accept your EN certificate and you don't have a separate nail qualification, you won't be able to purchase shellac.

I personally feel you will gain extensive knowledge and confidence if you do the sig 5 course, as well as having training and using the products from one of the best renowned in the industry. It is true CND look after their clients, and will happily offer advise if you have any problems in the future - with regards to relevant things such as pricing, to personal issues such as insurance, health & safety etc. Its a shame you've had a negative experience with them on the phone, they are usually so very helpful :rolleyes:

The sig 5 course will give you training in L&P (I would recommend) and also allow you to purchase the L&P products, however, if you are literally just looking to offer shellac, you wouldn't need to do this course, you could just do an nvq 2/3 in mani/pedi. You could give them a call to double check what other minimum qualifications you could gain in order to buy shellac. They ARE aware of the high prices of the courses and will be happy to help you find the cheapest way. I know when I did they were very understanding of my money situation! Although I would have you know - it is money well spent! Hth's :)

Hi. I have essential nails qualifications in l&p and gel and have no problems buying shellac and Minx nails. I can and have bought other products to try l&p and brisa gel and am just taking the conversion courses I don't have to do the foundation course just what they call "basics" courses which is fine. I phoned directly through to creative academy Manchester rather than S2 and that's where I buy all my products from too. Hope it helps a little xx

Thanks so much for all your help, everyone here is so nice :)

Becki that's really interesting, maybe I will try that. Do you have a mani/pedi course as well? I don't at the minute, so think that might hold me back with the Shellac? Did you just phone up Creative Manchester and get a registration number, or did you go to them and buy it there? Sorry for the vague questions am such a newbie to this industry!

Mooey I think I must have spoken to someone on a bad day, cos I've heard from literally everyone else that S2 are so helpful and understanding! We all have bad days I suppose.. :)

Thanks again everyone for replying, really appreciate the advice x

I got my sweet squared membership number by registering with sweet squared themselves then bought my shellac range from the creative academy in Manchester so I could choose the colours I wanted. When I got to the checkout I just gave them my S2 member number and they brought up my details. I don't have a Mani/pedi qualification just EN acrylic etc and don't have a problem buying shellac and Minx but I can't buy l&p and gel until I do the conversion although I can buy a trial kit of each to see if I like it. Hope it makes sense xx

Latest posts

Back