Convince me-why Dermalogica?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have trained in dermalogica and I am trained in Eve Taylor and going on elemis training next month as I work as a tutor as well as having a salon but I feel like I want to go back to dermalogica but it's always good to get everyone's opinions :) pros and cons cxx

Hi everyone. I have dermalogica and i love it. It really has transformed my business. Clients love it, retail for me is amazing but i do have a loyal client base. They have been brilliant with me, the rep is great, i cannot fault my experience with them. However i know fellow therapists that use it and hate it or they have had bad experiences with dermalogica as a company. I wouldnt be happy if id experienced this but because they have always been great with me i cant say anything negative towards them.
Just do your research of your area, ask your clients what products they like and if you got such and such brand in would they use it, get them involved, i think clients love that.
Good luck with it all ;)
Dermalogica rules (joke) :lick:

I differ with you (sort of lol) - luxurious isn't what Dermalogica is about its about results, it's a cosmeceutical brand - if your clients want "luxury" then I assume that's why your thinking of brands such as Decleor which id class as more aromatherapy spa like, for those who prefer relaxation & scents. Although my Dermalogica skin treatments are relaxing 😀

I disagree with you Dermalogica is not a " cosmeceutical" brand it is a cosmetic brand . I agree with Martin the market is flooded with it! There is nothing exclusive about Dermalogica I never ever understood the hype about this range I thought the products were very harsh.
I have been in the industry for over 30 yrs originally trained with Guinot in the early 80's then went on to train with Decleor and numerous other brands.
I had a break for a couple of years and spent that time researching and extensively sampling numerous product ranges. I decided to concentrate on results driven cosmeceutical products such as Dermaquest, Lira Medik8
and Environ. I can honestly tell you I have had remarkable results treating acne, sun damaged skin etc.
All these products contain Fruit Acids, pentapeptides, plant stem cells and retinoids these are ingredients that are found in cosmeceuticals products.
I am not giving the luxurious facial treatments that you get with Decleor Elemis etc but I my clients are getting amazing results and I am retailing products that are not readily available elsewhere.
Wish you luck

Clearly you all have a bee in your bonnet about Dermalogica (or maybe even myself as its seems to be coming across) - but Dermalogica is considered a cosmeceutical skincare line, this is from a Jane Wurwand interview;
Can you explain the difference between Dermalogica and other cosmetic brands?
Let’s begin with this important distinction: Dermalogica is not a beauty brand. Dermalogica is a skin health cosmeceutical brand – one of the first to combine cosmetic products such as cleansers and moisturisers, along with pharmaceutical ingredients such as salicylic acid and sun blocks. Our primary concern is developing products that achieve results on the skin and help clients to achieve their optimum skin condition.
We rely upon the expertise of the professional skin therapist. Our prescriptive treatment and selling business model is education-based, and has kept Dermalogica in the salon/spa leadership position for three decades.

I'm not defending the brand I use & stock as I do not need to, but I've replied to the op's question and ever since this thread has turned into a hate against a particular brand which in a professional view of some of these comments both about this brand & to myself I'm finding it quiet ridiculous and unnecessary.

I'm no longer going to comment as I think quiet a few geeks are just going to disagree with ANYTHING I write (even what the owner of Dermalogica has explained).
Have a good weekend.

Last edited:
Dermalogica is a good skincare range, however they have lost there exclusitivity and in my opinion have de valued the brand by selling it to every Tom, Diick and Harry.

It's available in probably 9 out of 10 salons, hairdressers, barbers, gym's as well as being sold at discounted rates on the Internet including ebay. When I fisrt did my training, it was a prescriptive treatment and only sold after a skin analysis and being advised by a qualified therapist what products were suitable.

Latest posts

Back