Cool blondes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbie douglas

hairtips
Reaction score
Hello everyone , im new to this site so hoping i will learn and pick up tips and help on products and lots more, ok i have a client with fine porous hair , and wants a cool clean blonde , bleach did the trick but hair cant cope with too much bleach, been using majiblond ash but still goes too gold, which cool highlift blondes do you use?

There is a limit to what a highlift color can do to darker levels, so if you use an Ash highlift and got a too gold result, then you need to move over to lightener to get the lighter result you want. You can make that lightener safer by using Olaplex with it, which is what I would recommend you do, since Olaplex dilutes the lightener it's recommended to but used with a higher volume of peroxide, so if you normally use 20vol, then you'd use 30 volume, but it will act like 20vol on the hair. This way you are protecting the hair but getting the results you need. If you haven't used Olaplex check it out. I highly recommend it.

If your clients hair is super fine Olaplex doesn't recommend bumping up the developer. I would use a cream lightener like blondor cream bleach with 6% and Olaplex. I don't tend to bump up developers with bleach on the scalp - just leave longer or use less Olaplex. I also use a cap very lightly over the top.

Alternatively the Wella highlifts are really great. You could try adding extra mixtone like /81 into your formula. It all depends on what base you are working on.

If your clients hair is super fine Olaplex doesn't recommend bumping up the developer. I would use a cream lightener like blondor cream bleach with 6% and Olaplex. I don't tend to bump up developers with bleach on the scalp - just leave longer or use less Olaplex. I also use a cap very lightly over the top.

Alternatively the Wella highlifts are really great. You could try adding extra mixtone like /81 into your formula. It all depends on what base you are working on.
t

thank you I have contacted opalex to see if i can get hold of some as it seems to be very muched talked about and creeping into salons at the moment.

t

thank you I have contacted opalex to see if i can get hold of some as it seems to be very muched talked about and creeping into salons at the moment.
Please contact Ashton and Fincher or Star Qualities, if you need additional help, [email protected] will help :) Let me know if I can help you directly with any type of technical problems.

Latest posts

Back