Coping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever you believe , here is a poem that I have personally found comfort in .......

Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still
Call me by my old familiar name
Speak to me in the easy way you always used
Put no difference into your tone
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed
At the little jokes we always enjoyed together
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effort
Without the ghost of a shadow in it
Life means all that it ever meant
It is the same as it ever was
There is absolute unbroken continuity
What is death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind
Because I am Out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near
Just around the corner
All is well.
Nothing is past,nothing is lost
One brief moment and all will be as it was before
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

This is lovely, it made me cry!

So sorry for your loss xxx

Thank you all for your kind words x

Hey, I saw your comment on the other thread (the lady who's I'll) do you have a way of informing the clients of what's happened without doing it face to face? At least untill you feel up to doing clients again?

i did write out a whole paragraph then to tell you about our shop experience with a recent bereavement but I deleted it, my message behind it all is take the time you need and grieve, really, it's the best thing you can do for yourself, if you rush back into work and your not ready you'll give yourself problems further down the line.

Leave an answerphone message (get someone else to record it for you) put a note on the door & only answer the clients you want to do, I hope you feel better soon, I know grief never goes away really but time is a good healer, give yourself lots of it X

Feeling like i cant cope today ): x

Oh bless you. You're going through one of the most difficult times someone can. Do you have clients booked today?

Yes so i made myself go in x

So sorry for your loss x

Oh babe, you need to ring up your clients for next week and cancel. Don't do this to yourself. Take some time off.

Sorry to hear about you loss. I lost my dad on Christmas Day 2012. Obviously I didn't have to work on Boxing Day but I did have to work the day after. It was hard but I felt I needed to go to do something. The hard thing for me though was that for weeks people ask "how was your Christmas?" So you can imagine it was difficult explaining. Looking back now I wish I took time off because I struggled later. Take care and do what feels right for you.

Thank you all for your kind words x

Be kind to yourself.
If you do decide to work, take plenty of breaks and remember to eat and drink proper food regularly throughout the day. You need physical energy to cope with grief.

Please look after yourself. Big hugs. ((())) xx

I have to go and do a formal identification today so the coroner can open an inquest /: thank you everyone for all your advice xx

I have to go and do a formal identification today so the coroner can open an inquest /: thank you everyone for all your advice xx
Oh you poor love. Thinking of you x

Sorry for your loss. U are very strong [emoji173]️

So sorry for your loss stay strong. Hugs

Thank you all x

I did not think i would feel this bad ):

Bless your heart. I imagine it's one of the worst times for anyone. Do what you need to, any decent person will understand xx

My heart goes out to you.....I lost my auntie yesterday after a weeks fight on life support and I feel like my whole world has come crashing down ....my clients are the ones telling me to cancel appointments so they understand darling.....you are human not a robot take time for you to grieve ...take the time you need and people will understand X

My heart goes out to you.....I lost my auntie yesterday after a weeks fight on life support and I feel like my whole world has come crashing down ....my clients are the ones telling me to cancel appointments so they understand darling.....you are human not a robot take time for you to grieve ...take the time you need and people will understand X
Sorry for your loss xx

Latest posts

Back