Correcting toenail shape maybe LCN?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryony

British Aussie Geek
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice?

The sidewalls of my big toes curve inwards, back into the sides of my toes, moreso on one side than the other. A few years ago I had the sidewalls cut away by the doctor as they said that sometimes, when the nails grow back, it will grow straight - mine weren't (And I'm NEVER going through that again, the local anaesthetic injections into toes were soooooooo painful!). The nail is fine right at the cutcle, it's just slightly higher than this that the inward curve starts.

I was just wondering if there is anything that can be done to correct this?

I have a recollection of reading something years ago by LCN about toenail bracing, has anyone heard of this or tried it? I think you fit some kind of metal brace to the cuticle edge and overlay with L&P/ gel and it holds the nail in place as it grows out?

Thanks

You can try this with any product (retention+ being particularly good as it bonds to keratin).

Sometimes (I emphasise sometimes) the product can lift the curling out of the rut and stop the growing inward thing.

If painful, remove, cut back and start again.

I permanently have an overlay of Retention + on my big toenails to stop me breaking the corners off.

Thanks for reply Gigi,

I've had Brisa overlays on for a couple of months and this hasn't made any difference (not as strong as ret+ I know). My nails are quite tough (not the correct technical term I'm sue but it is late!) so I'm not sure that the product will be strong enough to 'prise' the nail into a different shape - that was why I wondered about using some sort of brace type devise thingy.

If your toenails are not causing you any pain, then I would not try to re-shape them by distorting the shape they naturally want to be in.

Rather, How about disguising the shape by doing a make over and building up the sides with your product to make the nail shape look more like you want it to look?

Hi Bryony - Wow, firstly congrats on your good news, did I miss an official announcement that you're going to be a mummy!!

Secondly, I've been with LCN for a good 3 years now and I've not heard of that bracing method - not to say that they don't do it, but never seen it in their training portfolio. Sounds very technical though and more in the league of a podiatrist.

Latest posts

Back