coshh & risk assessments for mobile therapists where do you start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyk

Reaction score
hiya geeks
im setting up mobile in a few weeks really dont no where to start with the risks & coshh, my business advisor said that's more when you have a shop or employ someone? do you any of you mobile's do any of this? i only found out today that i didnt need a licence to be a mobile therapist :eek:.
any info would be a great help

Mobile therapists don't actually come under their local EHO, which is quite strange IMO. But I think you would be well placed to do a generic risk assessment for going into client's homes, look at all the risks you see and think of minimising them, for example ask clients to keep children away from the work area, ask them to remain in the work area until the service is completed.....I know home clients like to go on cooking dinner, put kids to bed etc which will all compromise your service.

COSHH.....yes, do an assessment for all your products, best to be on the safe side.....with Coshh the easiest place to start is the labelling on your packaging followed by your MSDS.

HTH

Latest posts

Back