Cost of product per treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
i was just wondering if anybody has a rough idea as to what the cost of product is per set of nails using l&p trying to write a business plan and need to include all overheads i understand that this will differ with different companies but just need a rough guide for now???

Ive been doing this for a business plan as well over the past few weeks...its difficult to even say a rough idea as the products and the prices of the products very between brands.....the way I have done it is first of all put all the products you will use for one service on the table...I tried to remember and write down how many sets and rebalances and practices id done so far out of those products...this helped me to get a fair idea on how much use you might get out of one product.

Then going through each product individually..divide the estimated number of usages per each product by the price of the product to give you an idea of how much it costs for one use...do that for all your products, files etc then total it all up! Hope that makes sense...sounds a bit confusing and ill be interested to see if anyone else has a much easier way!

Its worth calculating it all properly yourself rather than relying on rough estimates from other people using different brands...I know I felt better once Id done it sounds funny but you kind of feel like you know your products even better and also makes you appreciate their value more and realise you have to be careful with them from a financial point of view....its also good to have a break down of each product so you can look at possible ways of reducing the service costs as well iykwim..my cost per service was quite a bit more than I expected.

Just to add as well that I didnt do any calculations for tools, training, time or anything like that...I just did the products I use...I wasnt sure if or how you are supposed to tie in these other costs!

I know with Creative you can ring your supplier and they can give you this information, I assume that your supplier will be able to do the same. HTH

I know with Creative you can ring your supplier and they can give you this information, I assume that your supplier will be able to do the same. HTH

I did wonder if you could do that actually but figured its a bit like buying a cake.......serves 12....ER NO!....theres only enough here for me! lol x

I did wonder if you could do that actually but figured its a bit like buying a cake.......serves 12....ER NO!....theres only enough here for me! lol x
Providing you're not using too much product per set the price will be approximately the same for everyone.
...ie no more than one portion of cake per person :lol:

Latest posts

Back