Could use critique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovelygirl85

Reaction score
Hi

Okay I trained in l&p and gel enhancements last year. I'm not 100% confident esp in l&p.
So this week I booked onto CND enhance starting in July. I've done two sets of gel nails - one on me and one or a friend and I could use advice whether you think they're awful and I need the training, or if they're okay and I could do a convert course? I def want to do brisa as I love CND and shellac is my main business alongside lashes and waxing.
The product I used isn't that great!

Thanks in advance for advice xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362694394.315204.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362694394.315204.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 238
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362694406.539119.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362694406.539119.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 258
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362694420.870344.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362694420.870344.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 246
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362694436.571448.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362694436.571448.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
can you please critique yourself first ........ I find critiquing your own work makes it easier for others to see what you don't ..

Oh right - sorry!
I think they're a bit too thick, and the tips I used weren't adhering that great which is why I think theres a bit of a lift-look in some of the nails. My smile lines def need to be worked on but they got a bit better as I was going on.

It's hard to critique without coming off sounding rude so don't take what I say personally, please.

I'm sure you can see that they are very inconsistent. Your sidewalls are not straight at all, the pinkie nail and ring finger nails are quite lopsided, they are very thick and because they're so thick you obviously had some troubles finish filing---I can see that they're very inconsistent and bumpy from the barrel view. Your smile lines are quite inconsistent as well and there is shadowing at the smile line. The free edge is not filed into a consistent shape either.

I guess what you can take from my critique is that they are very inconsistent and look very rushed. I do think you have a lot of work left to do and I think that training is probably the best route for you. Or perhaps some one-to-one.

My last thing is to thank you for posting. It takes courage to do so. Keep working hard and deal with those inconsistencies and perhaps get some refresher training and you will get there. It takes time, but you'll get there.

hi i have to agree with above keep going and it will all come and well done for posting, i'm still at the stage where im not confident so your doing great.:biggrin:

i agree they need some work. there is no concistency to the shape of each nails as well as the free edge is too thick. It doesnt look as though you refined them at all if im honest, its as if you applied product and top coat and left them??am i correct? It wouldnt have helped that your tip application wasnt correct.

smile lines are easy to work on, just keep working on tips, that way you can keep them and see your progress.

as said before dont take this to heart but take it constructively, keep taking pics of your work so that you can see the improvement.

well done x

Hi, I have to agree with the others that they are inconsistent. Smile lines are a bit wobbly. Looks like you need more product in zone 3.
But, don't be disheartened. When I initially trained my nails weren't great and rather than doing the conversion course I started from scratch again with CND. Thats because I wanted to learn. I don't think a conversion would be the best option as you should be competent in the products you use already. Changing to a new product is't going to solve your problems but time and effort over a period of time with a tutor will. Best of luck x

Thanks ladies!
To be honest I know they're not great and if anything it's made me glad I've booked this training.

Thank you for your words of encouragement and being honest (but also nice!)

I'll take advice on board and go on my cnd enhance training. Excited! :)

Latest posts

Back