Course advice - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraj87

Reaction score
Hi Salon Geeks,

I need some help and advise. I'm a total newbie so any advise would be great and I apologize if any of this has been exhausted by other users.

I have been looking at getting in most aspects of nail treatments, beauty and make up. (No prior experience, a total change)

I currently work full time so I have been looking at Part time Courses via the Beauty Academy in Birmingham. (My local college doesn't offer much so this is really my only option)

I'm having trouble deciding where to begin. I wanted to do an NVQ 3 in Make - Up I have a friend that's a successful photographer that I could do a lot of creative make up with (I was looking to get get the 24+ learning loan) and then progress into diplomas in nails, and massage therapies. But now I've been informed that the NVQ only comes with a basic starter kit and was a bit worried about having to spend lots and lots on make up in order to do my practical assignments at home. Plus What make up is best?? I really couldn't afford to go into mac and build a new kit from scratch!!

I would like to one day progress into a salon, but for the foreseeable future I would start with family and friends and work on marketing to gain new custom and be mobile, So I'm not sure if I really need to go for the NVQ.

Nails is something that I'd want to do as well including extensions, and nail art.

There's just so many choices and I don't have a big cash flow. HELP

Latest posts

Back