Course certificates??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissa

Reaction score
hi geeks im going to be offering course this year im filling out the forms for guild accreditation but im a little confused !

What do you put on the certificates that you give out is it a training cert a diploma what is it ????
i have tried to call the guild but there not getting back to me at the moment :)

Hello there ladies and gents !

i posted somewhere else but got no answer,

ok so im going to be offering courses soon i am filling in my forms for accreditation it ask what you will put on the certificate !

what do i put i.e what is it , training cert diploma what ??

thanks in advance if you can help me x

Hi, I have seen this question for a while now and seen you have had no response. I am no trainer but have done some short courses and this is what is on my certificates:-
For manicure and acrylics its "Certificate of Unit Credit."
For waxing it's " The Beauty Academy Diploma."
For lash and brow treatments it's " the Carlton institute diploma."
And my spray tan says "certificate of achievement.
All are accredited by the guild.
Hope this is what you were after and hope it helps x

Thank you all mine are vctc thats why i wa unsure what to put on them acheivment sounds good !!

How can you be teaching courses when you don't know what it is you're teaching!? There is a big difference in 'achievement', 'certificate' and 'diploma'! Are you a qualified teacher?

Yes love i know thats why im asking !!! As for am i qualifed to teach do you think i'd be offering courses if i wasn't ???

im asking for help to get it right not to be patronised !

if you can't help with the question don't answer it !!!

I think it all depends on the course, but if you can choose the wording I think diploma would sound better for customer appeal xoxo

Yes love i know thats why im asking !!! As for am i qualifed to teach do you think i'd be offering courses if i wasn't ???

im asking for help to get it right not to be patronised !

if you can't help with the question don't answer it !!!
Blimey ... Bit harsh!!
mum isn't the only one wondering but she was the one asking and I didn't read anything patronising tbh.

And also for the record she's one of a few on here that would know the difference so maybe taking a deep breath in and requesting her help may be of more use to you.. Just saying like!!

It didn't sound patronising at all. I totally agree with her - if your teaching, surely you know what course you will be teaching!?! I did an nvq which is completely different to other courses - all of them are different. Is there not something you have received to say your able to teach a certain course? You can't just slap down anything on the piece of paper, surely...

have you written these courses or are you offering the training for someone else? are they NVQ or a qualification from your own school?

also, for the record I think you have been very rude to mum. shes an amazing woman, shaped our industry and deserves more respect.

I'm going to ignore the OP's comments (thank you to other posters though for your lovely words)

I will repeat the question in a different way: do you know what course you are planning to teach? There are accepted guidelines that differentiate between the courses and their awards. There are also formal qualifications and those awarded by private training providers. The difference in all these aspects are substantial and there is no information in the original post!

Unfortunately, this industry has a great number of technicians who decide to set themselves up as teachers when they have insufficient experience and a woeful lack of appropriate qualifications and understanding.

Perhaps the OP could enlighten this forum as to what, exactly, is being asked?

hmmmm.....now I understood what Lissa was asking....she is getting her courses accreditted through the guild so therefore she is a qualified teacher.

Certificate of
or
Diploma of
or
Attendance certificate

is generally what goes onto the certificates.

It is a shame that you was a tad rude though which unfortunately is what most people will remember you for......

Thank you all mine are vctc thats why i wa unsure what to put on them acheivment sounds good !!

Use the same name as the VTCT unit/qual you are teaching.

Generally it goes Award - Certificate - Diploma based on the GLH required.

Hope that helps.

Sorry what does OP mean?

Thanks hippy-chick you hit the nail on the head !

Mum im sorry for the outburst i had no idea it was you now feeling like a complete idiot !!

So in my humbleded state please could you offer your advice,

i want to offer courses guild accredited in :

individual eyelashes
mani & pedi
waxing
gel & acrylic nails
and maybe facials towards the end of the year.

i have taken my pttls but just a little confused as to the certificates.

These courses are aimed at more mature students who don't want to return to college

If you are offering recognised vtct courses then they should provide all necessary certificates. If, however, you are just delivering your own, accredited courses, you will need to produce your own. Speak with your exam board (vtct) for clarification hth.

i never thought of that i will give them a call thank you !!

I am accredited with the guild I would fill the majority in and email them I found them very helpful and they do email suggestions and CPD points for each course.

Thanks hippy-chick you hit the nail on the head !

Mum im sorry for the outburst i had no idea it was you now feeling like a complete idiot !!

So in my humbleded state please could you offer your advice,

i want to offer courses guild accredited in :

individual eyelashes
mani & pedi
waxing
gel & acrylic nails
and maybe facials towards the end of the year.

i have taken my pttls but just a little confused as to the certificates.

These courses are aimed at more mature students who don't want to return to college

I don't think it mattered who it was you were being so rude to but thank you for the apology.

You've probably been given the simplest answer that is ask your Awarding Body. However, out of interest, somewhere on the Habia website there are the number of hours used as a guideline for all formal qualifications for the achievement of a cert and diploma. Gaining several certs in different topics can often result in a diploma.

Latest posts

Back