Courses and insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
If I do a short course in a treatment and its accredited by an insurance company does this mean I have to have my insurance with this company or will any insurance company accept the qualification as long as its accredited by someone?

Sarah

If I do a short course in a treatment and its accredited by an insurance company does this mean I have to have my insurance with this company or will any insurance company accept the qualification as long as its accredited by someone?

Sarah

hello

I don't think that insurers will insure courses that they have not accredited if another insurer does (as they all have different standards and criteria) before undertaking any training it's best to check with your insurer first beforehand.

Michelle x

That's what I thought. But that means I'd need separate insurance for my lash extensions and a separate one again for my advanced waxing.

But i added HD Brows to my insurance no problems even though salon gold don't accredit it.

Its quite confusing as i always look to train with the best trainers and i don't want who the course is accredited by mean i go on a substandard training course.

Has anyone ever encountered problems getting your insurance to recognise a course they haven't accredited?

Sarah

Most companies WILL cover any accredited course.

I'd be very wary of insuring with a company that only allows you to be covered for courses accredited by them as that means you will limit yourself to the brands that you'd like to train with. Also, there's something that makes me feel a little uncomfortable with that.........bit like industry bullying.

oh brilliant thanks for clearing that up Kim xxx

Hi Sarah,

The best way to ensure you can be insured by your chosen insurance provider is to carry out courses which are professional qualifications. Insurance Accredited Course are written to the insurers specification, qualifications are written to a national specification.
Having qualifications will open many more doors for you for example if you wanted to go and work in a salon or open your own salon.

With regards to your HD brows course, the skills probably built upon your existing knowledge from previous eye treatment or hair removal courses, which is why you were able yo add this to your exisitng insurance.

I work for ISIS Beauty Academy in Surrey. If this is local to you we can certainly help you with further training in professional qualifications.

Hope this has helped :)

Latest posts

Back