creams going off ??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!
Hope that you are all well!

I have a small clientel and since I started my business I have been using Priadara face range!
I have no problems with it all, I think its fantastic its just that as I have such a small clientel I do not do that many facials. (more waxing , mani's & pedi's)
I already use the small travel bottles as not too waste too much but I am still finding that they creams are going off and smelly after a while.
I have to keep these in stock as I need to be ready for facial/make-up treatements & also use the products myself but i am at a real loss as how to keep them for longer periods???
Any ideas:cry::irked:
thanks xxxxxxx

Would they last better stored in the fridge when you are not working? You could call your supplier and see what they advise, after all they know their products the best! hope you get it sorted, what a pain.

Hello Everyone!!
Hope that you are all well!

I have a small clientel and since I started my business I have been using Priadara face range!
I have no problems with it all, I think its fantastic its just that as I have such a small clientel I do not do that many facials. (more waxing , mani's & pedi's)
I already use the small travel bottles as not too waste too much but I am still finding that they creams are going off and smelly after a while.
I have to keep these in stock as I need to be ready for facial/make-up treatements & also use the products myself but i am at a real loss as how to keep them for longer periods???
Any ideas:cry::irked:
thanks xxxxxxx
Hi Gemmamarie

On the side of your products there should be a little pot open symbol that will tell you how long the product should last after opening. Are the products lasting this long? If there isn't there isn't this sign anywhere on the product you may have some old stock or they haven't updated their packaging.

Is the range a natural range as this will have an effect on the shelf life.

I am sure you are doing the obvious things like always replacing lids and using a spatula to remove the product from the container.

It may also just be the perfum of the cream fading rather than the cream going off (growing bactiria and mould). Have any of the creams had any growths in them? If they have then don't use them as the preservative is compromised.

But maybe the best thing to do is speak to the company.

If we were in this position we would replace the items to restore confidence, and ideally have items from back to check them against manufacture dates and also run microbiology on the cream to see if there is any problem.

Regards
Jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

thankyou for the relpies guys, much appreciated:)
There is not anything growing in the creams so to speak, but I definately detect an odour and a slight colour change.
I will speak to the company about my situation and think I will go out and promote some more facial treatments!!:lol::lol:
xxx

Do check with the supplier before you store the creams in the fridge unless it says on the side of the pot that it is ok. For the most part creams are designed to be stored at room temparature.
It may be an idea to promote the facials after the company supplies you with some now stock.
jo

Hi Gemmamarie,
Just a thought but I was wondering if the products are settling in their packaging and just need to be shaken before use. I sometimes get a film on products I dont use that often. Also, are they getting hot and humid where they are stored? :cry:
HTH

I use the Priadara range and I have also noticed this but only with the Quench range.
Are you storing them out of direct sunlight as that can affect the quality?

There is the pot symbol on the packaging, I think it's 12 months.

It's best to phone or email them direct. If you do it via the Priadara website you get a much faster response than if you contact Ellisons, and they're always really helpful too.

I'd be really interested to hear what they have to say about it.

I use the Priadara range and I have also noticed this but only with the Quench range.
Are you storing them out of direct sunlight as that can affect the quality?

There is the pot symbol on the packaging, I think it's 12 months.

It's best to phone or email them direct. If you do it via the Priadara website you get a much faster response than if you contact Ellisons, and they're always really helpful too.

I'd be really interested to hear what they have to say about it.

hello
Its really interesting that you are having the same problem, mine is happening at the moment with the sedate range!
These particular pots are 5 mnths old, one turned funny last week and then another i noticed was going funny today!!
I will ring them and post back.:|
xx

hello
Its really interesting that you are having the same problem, mine is happening at the moment with the sedate range!
These particular pots are 5 mnths old, one turned funny last week and then another i noticed was going funny today!!
I will ring them and post back.:|
xx
It's probably as well to tell them, otherwise they won't be aware that some people are having problems, and if they don't know they can't do anything about it! :) I'll look forward to hearing what they have to say.

It's probably as well to tell them, otherwise they won't be aware that some people are having problems, and if they don't know they can't do anything about it! :) I'll look forward to hearing what they have to say.

Hello There!

I have had a response, they say that they have never had any reports of this before and that they are deeply sorry and the product must be from an old batch.They are sending me some more ASAP and I am to monitor this and get straight back in contact if it happens again.
I am very pleased with this, although i still think overall I have a bit of a problem of not using products quick enough due to having a small clientel.:confused:
xxxx:hug:

Mmm, interesting. Must keep an eye on mine then.

If you're not using them much you may be better off just using the retail sizes. I know it works out more per facial but it's better than throwing away most of a tube of product if you haven't used it before the expiry date.

Thanks for the update.:hug:

Latest posts

Back