crease on thumb nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
i was just reading katmoz33's post about her thumb nails and i thought i would post about mine too......i seem to have developed a sort of lumpy crease that runs horizontal along my thumb nail......like katmoz33 i have not had extentions on for well over a year so i know its not any damage that has been done there.....i have not damaged or hurt the nail in any way either, its just sort of appeared over the last 3 or 4 weeks....its right in the middle of the nail and as i said it looks kind of like a crease or a wrinkle in the nail and it is slightly raised...not flat....it hasnt lifted away from the nail bed either, the only other way i could describe it is its sort of like a little ledge in the middle of my nail.......i tried to take a photo of it but it didnt show up in the photo :sad:

anyone have any ideas what this could be or what could have caused it as its got me stumped :confused:

stanleyann

do you have have a nervous habit - like rubbing your thumb nail with your pointy finger? I know this can cause marks that disappear when the habit stops although I would imagine if you did, this problem woulf have occured long before now!:| :rolleyes:

nope....the only bad habit i have regarding my fingers is biting the skin around my nails :o they are a mess right now, i have been slapping on solar balm but i know that as long as i am still nibbling the balm isnt going to work :(

oh and the other thing i do with my fingers is bend them into all sorts of weird shapes.....i seem to have like an extra notch on my joints that enables me to bend them further than they are supposed to go.......most people cringe when i do that as it looks pretty creepy......when i lie my hand flat on a table palm side down i can make some of my fingers point up the way.....lol :lol:

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
nope....the only bad habit i have regarding my fingers is biting the skin around my nails :o they are a mess right now, i have been slapping on solar balm but i know that as long as i am still nibbling the balm isnt going to work :(

oh and the other thing i do with my fingers is bend them into all sorts of weird shapes.....i seem to have like and extra notch on my joints that enables me to bend them further than they are supposed to go.......most people cringe when i do that as it looks pretty creepy......when i lie my hand flat on table palm side down i can make some of my fingers point up the way.....lol :lol:

stanleyann
Geeg can do that too - honest!!!! :eek:

i'm gobsmacked, someone else who can do the same party trick as me :suprised: i've never met anyone else that can do that......looks like we are 2 oddbods together geeg :D

stanleyann

Your matrix has been damaged or banged around a bit. Sometimes it can also be caused from a cyst under the proximal side of the matrix that is pushing up in the center, thus causing the mount Everest apprearence that I think you are talking about.

Hope this helps... the finger beding stories are going to make me hurl ;)

lol....its amazing how many people feel the same when they see my bendy fingers, infact my fiance is one of those people......its a proper passion killer when he is getting all lovey dovey and i cant be bothered, forget about all that sore head nonsense, i just get my witchy fingers into action.....lol...... :p

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
lol....its amazing how many people feel the same when they see my bendy fingers, infact my fiance is one of those people......its a proper passion killer when he is getting all lovey dovey and i cant be bothered, forget about all that sore head nonsense, i just get my witchy fingers into action.....lol...... :p

stanleyann
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: classic

well i never my son does that with his fingers too lol he chases everyone round the house with his creepy fingers lol

lol...another one to join the club......i'm going to see if i can take a photo to show everyone my creepy fingers :D

oh and by the way sam i was so busy rabbiting on about my fingers i forgot to thank you for the advise about my nail.....i dont think it is a cyst, it doesnt really seen lumpy or raised high enough for that......i think i must have damaged it and not really noticed at the time but i honestly cant remember hurting it in any way....strange :|

stanleyann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back