Creative courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_locket

Reaction score
hi just a quickie!

i went to my local collage this weekend to enroll doing an indian head massage course and other things i said i didn't want to do nails as i was planning to do my training with Creative. well she looked at me in a way that said "another one doing a 5 day joby". she then went on about beauty level 2 and learning all about nail problem ect and said to me (in a looking down her nose tone)well do you want to just scratch the surface or do you want to know in depth about nails. well i was quite :eek:.

i thought your training with creative taught you all about the nail from L&P to fungal nail infection ??? have i got this wrong ?? not that i've changed my mind i'm still going with Creative.

lucy x:hug:

From experience imo you will prob be five times a better nail tech on a creative course, run by experts in that field, than in college full of young ones and a teacher who hasnt actually done many sets in a few years. jmho x

hi ValencianNails,

yes i do have it ,it came with my letter with available dates for my foundation course.
thats why i knew i was right i've been reading the book for age's and from what i read on here.that's why i was quite shocked by what she said to me.

lucy x

Dont forget she works for the college and is trying to get every one to enrol. she shouldnt have looked down her nose, but from the business point of view you are money walking away. there are millios of threads on creative and other good companies (ezflow etc)and they all offer great training. Stick with it x

Just remember that the 5 day foundation is a foundation on which you build ... it is not the end of your training it is the very beginning. If all you did was the 5 days, then I'd agree with this woman that it is not enough, but very few Creative nail technicians stop at just 5 days of training ... Your college trainer would know more if she realised that the NVQ was actually compiled and written using the information from the Creative courses (with the blessing of CND who has always wanted to better the entire industry training-wise) in the first place .. WHY? Because at the time they were written there was very little other training available!!

If you finish your Creative training as you should, you will see just how basic the standards of the NVQ are (the bare minimum) as your CND training will take you WAY beyond anything the NVQ! teaches.

could not agreee more with your comments, Collage are funded by the ammount who go through there nvq, there is no incentive for them to produce good safe nail tecs . MOst higher level training companies are very proud of there results that they help there students to achieve , and offer lots of back up and support which is essential on your journey with in the nail industry.

From experience imo you will prob be five times a better nail tech on a creative course, run by experts in that field, than in college full of young ones and a teacher who hasnt actually done many sets in a few years. jmho x

I have just completed a college course (only because I couldn't afford to do a CND course) and I found that, although the course was much longer, the class sizes were big and so I just did not get the time I felt I needed.

I hope to get the money together to do a Creative course one day so i would say go for it (I'm jealous!)

how would u rate your level at the mo , do u feel comfatable with your nails to charge a set fee?

I have just completed a college course (only because I couldn't afford to do a CND course) and I found that, although the course was much longer, the class sizes were big and so I just did not get the time I felt I needed.

I hope to get the money together to do a Creative course one day so i would say go for it (I'm jealous!)

No, not really, I am charging model rates at the moment as my nails are lifting (I think it is due to touching the cuticle but I just keep doing it:grr:)

I am not really getting many clients but I think it is because of how I am marketing myself. I dont really sound confident on the phone when clients call to ask about them as I am scared to do them! Silly I know...how am I going to get experience like this!

I am still practising on my friends and family. I would say I am about 4/10...not too good eh? x

No, not really, I am charging model rates at the moment as my nails are lifting (I think it is due to touching the cuticle but I just keep doing it:grr:)

I am not really getting many clients but I think it is because of how I am marketing myself. I dont really sound confident on the phone when clients call to ask about them as I am scared to do them! Silly I know...how am I going to get experience like this!

I am still practising on my friends and family. I would say I am about 4/10...not too good eh? x

Hiya, i feel exactly same as yourself and its pretty frustrating, dont get me wrong my nails turn out gorgeous but are only lasting about 1 week and coming away from side, i also trained at college and would love to afford the full professional course. I done a Hollywood Toes Gel course at NSI two weeks ago and absolutely loved it( only £50 so could just afford it). As soon as i get the money up i will definetly be going on course with Creative or NSI as i feel you cant beat training with them as they now their own products inside out.
Im not downing my college course as it was great but even my tutor admitted she doesnt get much practice in doing nails anymore since she begun lecturing.

Im just doing friends and family at the moment and only charging for materials too. Dont worry i suppose we'll get there in the end as long as we dont give up.

A xx

ps this is my first post so i apologise if ive done it wrong LOL

Im the same really family and freinds how much are you charging if you dont mind me asking,i use good quality products i.e Creative and nsi etc so they get a good quality products on them.I finish my training in 3 weeks hopefully i will pass it all good but i do need to start and get at least a couple of quid for the service to help to buy further products.

Thanks x

Latest posts

Back