Creative L&P 2day one2one....!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkiex

Reaction score
Hey peeps, im a newbie geek so please be gentle!! Feeling slightly confused what path to take so any advice would be much appreciated!

I done a Creative L&P Foundation course in May 2007 (2day one2one) which was brilliant, enjoyed every second...but then i tried to find a job which wasnt so easy. All nail salons are looking for experienced ppl and not willing to help anyone progress from the start. Since then i have been doing friends nails but picked up a few bad habits along the way.

Recently i have been looking to find a job in a salon but still getting the same reply. Ive tried to set up my own business but dont seem to have the confidence to do so.

Because its been so long im not sure if to start a fresh & do the 5day L&P Foundation course instead of the 2day or to do a skill building class. By the looks of it 5day goes through alot more but when i booked the 2day one2one they told me it was similar to the 5day but better because its one2one! Because it was rushed we hardly even managed to get through smile lines & rebalance. Has anyone else done the x2day one2one L&P?

Almost feeling ready to give up where ive tried so many times to make this work ;-(

Hey peeps, im a newbie geek so please be gentle!! Feeling slightly confused what path to take so any advice would be much appreciated!

I done a Creative L&P Foundation course in May 2007 (2day one2one) which was brilliant, enjoyed every second...but then i tried to find a job which wasnt so easy. All nail salons are looking for experienced ppl and not willing to help anyone progress from the start. Since then i have been doing friends nails but picked up a few bad habits along the way.

Recently i have been looking to find a job in a salon but still getting the same reply. Ive tried to set up my own business but dont seem to have the confidence to do so.

Because its been so long im not sure if to start a fresh & do the 5day L&P Foundation course instead of the 2day or to do a skill building class. By the looks of it 5day goes through alot more but when i booked the 2day one2one they told me it was similar to the 5day but better because its one2one! Because it was rushed we hardly even managed to get through smile lines & rebalance. Has anyone else done the x2day one2one L&P?

Almost feeling ready to give up where ive tried so many times to make this work ;-(

Welcome to salongeek. I promise I'll be gentle! X

I ran CND education for many years in the UK and I have never authorised or heard of a two day 121 beginners class. There has never been a certificate for such a class and I would just love to know who your teacher was? :irked: It was certainly not an official CND Class. Please feel free to pm me with the information of who and where you attended the class. No wonder you are struggling! The idea of becoming qualified after 2 days is ridiculous. Sounds as if you were misled! I'm sorry to hear about it. I will wait to hear from you!x

Last edited:
Thanks Geeg, have pm you. x

I did 0ne2One training with CND(Liquid and powder foundation) in Essex with a wonderful teacher Justine. My course was 4 days in total over a few weeks. It was initially 2 days in a row then a 2 week break and then another two. Its the only way I could have passed the course because I was so Cackhanded. I also had minx training from her. Was well worth the extra money for one to one. xx I previously did the EN course and I could tip well but my acrylic application was pants never looked back after my CND course.

xxSarahxx

See i wish i'd done the same! My L&P Course was only 2days with no break inbetween.
Thing is training doesnt come cheap & im bit reluctant to spend anymore money on it unless i know for sure im gonna get to where i wanna be. Good for you tho, sounded like you done the right thing. Are you working in a salon? Its really hard finding a salon to take someone on without having prev experience. Even if i do say im Creative trained...they dont want to know unless youve been doing nails 2years+
x

Hi

No I'm not working in a nail salon I am renting the space in a hair salon over here. I spent so much money on training. I was a bit too quick and jumped in head first where I should have done some research. I went ahead and paid for an EN course in acrylic tip and overlay. I watched the dvd loads of times and I still had issues. I passed the course with a pass and I wasn't happy with that. The products weren't great and I wasn't getting clients so I called the CND academy and booked a one2one course with Justine. If I hadn't done that I think I would have given up.

To find a job I started a mobile business and advertised with a car magnet and drove around. Soon I got a few calls. Then we moved over to Israel and I went around the hair salons asking if they wanted somebody to do nails and the first shop I went in said yes and I started the next day.
Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back