Creative or VTCT

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma-Louise

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Could anyone advise me on the best course to do I have the option of doing one evening a week for a year for a VTCT tech certificate or just the 4 day course with creative. I don't have a car and will have to us taxis to get to the VTCT course but I will go if people think it is the best option.

Hope you can help

The 4 day foundation course is just the beginning, but as it implies this is the foundation on which to build.

Without a doubt I would opt for Creative the best training in the world.(in my opinion)

Emma-Louise said:
Hi everyone

Could anyone advise me on the best course to do I have the option of doing one evening a week for a year for a VTCT tech certificate or just the 4 day course with creative. I don't have a car and will have to us taxis to get to the VTCT course but I will go if people think it is the best option.

Hope you can help
Please be aware the the 4 day course with Creative is a FOUNDATION class ... a fantastic foundation class, but nevertheless it is the start of a year long training with CND and not the finish. It will get you going safely but there will be more to do to go all the way to completing your Master Certificate with CND.

How well you are trained on your VCTC class will entirely depend on the tutor you have in the class. There are some good courses and some very bad courses. Check out the college and the tutor thoroughly.

All my nail courses and my permanent make up course (PMC) have been "short" courses. I am however doing an evening class at our local college in Cosmetic Makeup and Beauty Consultancy. I have to say that for me the short courses are far better ..... Lower class numbers with closer supervision covering a hell of a lot of information in one day (about the equivalent of 6 weeks in evening classes from my experience).

I love my evening classes but it's SO SLOW and driving me mad. My PMC course was one to one and I think an evening class would take a full year to learn what I did in those three days ..........

So as I pick up things fairly quickly I would say short courses with Creative are far better. But if you feel more comfortable taking things more slowly then maybe an evening course .......... but again I think the quality of educational standards at Creative will rarely be matched by a college course.

At the end of the day it will have to be your decision, but if it were me ........Creative! (and I'm an LCN tech! lol)

Hi there,

I will post my humble opinion because I was in this situation just over a year ago.
I posted on the board with exactly the same question and ended up going with the 4 day Creative Foundation, which was fantastic!
However, as Geeg says, it is only a foundation and a year on I've wound up in college anyway. As it happens, I have moved areas, and the original college tutor that I would have been taught by..apparently wasn't up to much, so at the time Creative was the right way to go, for me.
Now I am in a college with a fantastic reputation, I have a brilliant tutor, and when I finish in February, I am going back to do more courses with Creative. Sorry to ramble, but the point I am trying to make is, that I did quite a bit of background work before I made a decision, worked out my finances and generally what I thought I could cope with at the time. If travelling is a problem for you, then maybe the 4 day Foundation is the right way forward for you, at this time. There is always something new to learn in this game, and you will probably find that you are booking onto all sorts in no time!!!
My advice is to check the college thoroughly before making a decision...think about things like, how many pupils will be in a class, check your tutor...has she got valuable experience actually 'working' in nails? As far as Creative goes...I can tell you from experience, as will many others on here, that the training is second to none, the support afterwards is brilliant, and its a good solid baseline to build your career with.

Hi

I'm starting a course VTCT in January and decide to go to college as I would learn two types of nail enchancement and also it would give me more time to get my confidents going.

I think you have to consider if you would be happy doing a 4 day course or if you would prefer to have more time to build on your confidents and go to college.

I would love to do the creative course maybe end of next year, depending on money, but I'm just going to see how I get on at college first before I make any decisions.

I hope you make the right choice, good luck :biggrin:

Hi

I did the VCTC course at college but didnt feel very confident so i also went on the creative foundation course and found it great. I am now set to go on the next step class to learn more about nails.
icon_lol.gif

Hiya, I have just finished my 4 day foundation course today! And passed! Yippeee!

I know it's not the same but I did Hairdressing NVQ levels 1 + 2 at college and I had a crap experience. I would never go to college again if I had the choice to do something else. At college, my tutor had 30 odd people to go round, and as we all know it always seems to be the same 2 or 3 people that get all the attention, so I ended up 2 years down the track, passed and qualified, not knowing much at all. I don't personally think I should have qualified, and I would love to know if they actually did check anyone's work or just passed us all!

Anyway, the Creative course was fab! I actually feel as if some time was spent with me (instead of that girl sat in the corner who shouts the loudest!) and I know what I am doing. Just need to practise lots to get it perfect now. So, I would go for this if I was you.

I would do both

There is absolutely no need to do both a college course as well as a CND course (if you complete the CND course and do more than just the 4 days Foundation part of the course).

Everyone seems to forget that the CND course takes nearly a year to complete and is not just the 4 day Foundation, which is just a small part of the complete course. CND has a total sense of responsibility to its technicians and would never just offer a 4 day course as a total qualification. NEVER.

I decided to college and do the VCTC course. My advice is be prepared to practise, practise and practise on as many people as you can which ever course you decide to take. The reason I went to college is I paid money for a short course and did not feel confident to work on clients and call myself a nail technician. I choose to do the college course becuase I could build a portfolio of work and have assesments done. Also my college took appointments so you could experience the feeling of working on a complete stanger. I have initially done manicure and pedicure VCTC and costmetic make up and now I am doing nail art. Also insurance wise with the short course I done FHT would not insure me to do nails, if you need insurance check the costs out and what certificates they accept to insure you on. Finally Good Luck with what you decide!

Hiya,

I would do both too, if just to get the formal qualification from college!! eg: NVQ

Amanda

My opinion is you could do the Creative foundation, and then continue all your education with Creative or Do the vtct at college and then if you decide to go the creative route you can then do a conversion course with creative.
The discision is for you to make :wink2:

Hi there

Thank you everyone for your replies, I am not sure if I want to do a long drawn out year course I am still debating it but I am interested to know if there is anywhere in Liverpool to do the creative course I have been in contact with the gallery in liverpool where they do courses but have heard that they are not actually creative courses although they say they are, very confused?

anyone help!!

Cheers
Emma

I did the vctc at college and although I felt I didn't learn much I have learned the basics. I am going to do the foundation with creative soon as I also felt the college course was very dated. we weren't told how important prep was and the hygiene left a lot to be desired. This may have just been my particular college. If I knew then what I know now I would have went straight for creative instead of wasting my time and money at college. Not all colleges are the same though.

Lily said:
Hiya,

I would do both too, if just to get the formal qualification from college!! eg: NVQ

Amanda

I agree with the above...but if it really HAS to be a choice then I would go the Creative route for sure!

Latest posts

Back