Crisp smile lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
Tonight I had a go at my very first set of white powder tips rather then using the white plastic tips, I tried the reverse method on the ring finger on the left and thought it looked too scruffy so went back to the traditional way, the overall finish looks blurry to me, no crisp smile line like I see on all the pics on here :( why is it so difficult? Luckily it was my mum's nails so she's not too bothered x

Attachments

• 1409784498994.jpg
    1409784498994.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 711
I think you are being a bit hard on yourself Hun. They look really good to me.

Tonight I had a go at my very first set of white powder tips rather then using the white plastic tips, I tried the reverse method on the ring finger on the left and thought it looked too scruffy so went back to the traditional way, the overall finish looks blurry to me, no crisp smile line like I see on all the pics on here :( why is it so difficult? Luckily it was my mum's nails so she's not too bothered x

You said this was your first set, so the answer to your question would be practice, practice, practice! Btw they look really good, I would happily pay for a set like that :)

xXx

Your being way too hard on youself girl, cos these are brilliant. I would happily pay for them and flaunt your name too. there great :biggrin:

Aww thank you, I was expecting lots of critics lol I'm definitely a little too hard on myself and always expect better! Do you not think the smile lines look a little blurry though? I thought they would have looked a little more clearer :/ xx

They look fab!! But if you do want to perfect, after you've created your smile line you can wipe your brush and go back in with the point of the brush pointing down and just neaten it up and tuck it in a bit :) But for a first go well done!!

They look brilliant I'd definitely pay for a set that looked as good as that :) well done xx

I agree they look amazing, I wish my first set looked like that, I think you have a natural talent for it! Xx

Aww thank you, I was expecting lots of critics lol I'm definitely a little too hard on myself and always expect better! Do you not think the smile lines look a little blurry though? I thought they would have looked a little more clearer :/ xx

They look fine but, once you've applied the main body of the nail when doing the reverse method, it's a good idea to really neaten it up with a file before applying the white. This helps to make the smile line really crisp, but can't see anything wrong with your smiles in the photos. :)

They look lovely. I know what you
Mean by blurry- I get it too sometimes- I think it's where the pink meets it, although it's sheer it's still got that hint of colour in and it can blur the smile x

Don't be so hard on yourself they look gorgeous!x

They look really good x

:eek: they look brilliant. I passed my acrylic and gel extensions course at the beginning if the year and I suck at them. I stopped doing them the day I passed.

I really wish I could do pretty nails like these . . . :sad:

I'd pay good money for them! Great work!

Thank you, I'm feeling much more better about them now, I went to bed so disheartened by them last night, I guess I'm just too hard on myself and need some more confidence, you've all certainly helped with that X

Thank you, I'm feeling much more better about them now, I went to bed so disheartened by them last night, I guess I'm just too hard on myself and need some more confidence, you've all certainly helped with that X

Have you tried applying clear acrylic in zone 2 rather than pink? It makes the smile line more crisp, then in zone 3 apply pink x

Have you tried applying clear acrylic in zone 2 rather than pink? It makes the smile line more crisp, then in zone 3 apply pink x

No I've not tried this, I'll give it a go. I used rose blush for the pink in this pic though would I need to use a sheer pink for the method you suggested? X

Latest posts

Back