Critique me please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbckho

Reaction score
Please let me know what you think and if you have any tips I would appreciate it, this is an acrylic set with gelaze glitter and gelaze top coat (I wanted to try it out for the first time to see how the product worked since they have such pretty colors!)

Attachments

• 1408782121512.jpg
    1408782121512.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 253
Please let me know what you think and if you have any tips I would appreciate it, this is an acrylic set with gelaze glitter and gelaze top coat (I wanted to try it out for the first time to see how the product worked since they have such pretty colors!)

I love the glitter! My only advice would be to be extremely careful on the application of your first bead nearest cuticle, you seem to have hit the cuticle and side walls a little which has already caused lifting on a finger, here is an amazing young nails tutorial which helped me lots on cuticle application!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aLJqyrB4M5o
Xx

You might also want to look at your ratio of pink to white. Ideally you want 2/3 pink and 1/3 white as it creates a more balanced, aesthetically pleasing look to the nail, and put more of a smile in your smile line :)

Also can I kindly ask that you could complete your profile information showing details of education, qualifications etc that way other geeks can give more appropriate advice to you.

Totally agree with pure on that.
Personally I think your smile lines are too high up the nail, which makes the nail bed look really short. Also its very bulbous where the side wall meet the free edge - the white tip looks wider than the the nail itself. Before you cure gel always check from different angles and again when you file, check from different angles. Practise, practise, but a very good effort!

Not sure if you're wanting feedback on the nail shape or just the colours but the colour is lovely...

..the shape of the nails... looks like you've used white tips, they all look a little too wide fit and as has been pointed out, they're too far down the nail bed - I know myself, a lot of clients like this 'look' as it's more fake, it isn't technically correct though, you could easily taper the tips to be narrower and fit better with your file. The thumb looks a little flat, could do with checking from a side view that you're applying correctly in your zones.

Lengths and shapes all look pretty much even, well done :)

Keep going though, good luck x

Latest posts

Back