Croydon??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahd

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im just asking if anyone lives in or knows much about West Croydon? Im thinking of taking a small salon up in this area but as im not from there I dont know much about the area except what I have researched on the internet. So would love any info from the people that actually live or work there.

Thanks

Sarah xxx

Hi, West Croydon is a busy area so that is an advantage, however it is a little rough (Sorry if I do offend anyone). Business can do well there as the train station is there, there is also the bus station. You should really go there and see it for yourself then you can determine whether there is room for a salon. Hope this helps you:confused:

Hi, West Croydon is a busy area so that is an advantage, however it is a little rough (Sorry if I do offend anyone). Business can do well there as the train station is there, there is also the bus station. You should really go there and see it for yourself then you can determine whether there is room for a salon. Hope this helps you:confused:

Hi I have been there and had a nosy about, i did think it looked a little rough and the only salons i really see along the high street was the chinese nail places. I only thought it looked rough, so do you actually know that it is rough?? any info would be great. xxx

I think what Sarah means that she wants info on the surroundings and people. Everyone may say rough but what first hand experience have you got to give an inkling for someone that does not live there.
Sorry to but in Sarah but i wanted u to get the most of your post!
:hug:

hope what i wrote was correct lol.:!:

I live very close to the West Croydon area and have communted regularly from the station. Yes it is rough and clientele for an upmarket salon will be sparse. The have a beauty salon in the whitgift centre by Clarins and even that is not that busy!
Sorry hope this helps. You only have to travel about 10 mins from Croydon either way and there are quieter and more sutible areas (i feel)
Hope this helps you.

I live very close to the West Croydon area and have communted regularly from the station. Yes it is rough and clientele for an upmarket salon will be sparse. The have a beauty salon in the whitgift centre by Clarins and even that is not that busy!
Sorry hope this helps. You only have to travel about 10 mins from Croydon either way and there are quieter and more sutible areas (i feel)
Hope this helps you.

hi thanks, even tho it is very busy you would say there is not a want for beauty?

any more info from anyone would be great.

xx

? anyone else know the area at all? xx

croyden is a pretty big place......every where you go in this country has its rough parts.....it doesnt mean the whole area is rough. Have a further look into the area as a whole....may be pop into an estate agents and ask what the prosperous areas are. Do you particularly want to be in a high st.....or a parade of local shops???

croyden is a pretty big place......every where you go in this country has its rough parts.....it doesnt mean the whole area is rough. Have a further look into the area as a whole....may be pop into an estate agents and ask what the prosperous areas are. Do you particularly want to be in a high st.....or a parade of local shops???

Hi sian

The place im looking at is in a very well known gym and its on very busy highstreet just down the road from 2 very large shopping centres. I know what your saying about everywhere having there dodgy areas, I think im just being a wuss as i do get scared easy lol. I did find some goverment satistics on the internet about croyden and it said that it was a very deprived area, but then when iv spoke to people about croydon they have always said its a expensive and well known area for business's so i guess im just confused about all the different info im gettin if u know what i mean.

xx

Croyden is very busy when i have always been there.....they also get alot of out of town shoppers. So there people in the town spending money.....you can work on this factor. I also think if you are settig up in a gym then iot is a good oppertunity for you.....most gyms that you go to have hair/ beauty salons attached to them.
good luck in what you decide to do.

Croyden is very busy when i have always been there.....they also get alot of out of town shoppers. So there people in the town spending money.....you can work on this factor. I also think if you are settig up in a gym then iot is a good oppertunity for you.....most gyms that you go to have hair/ beauty salons attached to them.
good luck in what you decide to do.

Thanks for that Sian that helped ease my mind a little, i sopose just scared coz this is my first time goin it alone.

anyone else got any info?? xx

Hi.

I'm pretty new to this site and have been reading what all you girls write and find it quite interesting.

Sarah - I know the gym you are talking about as I used to work there as a Fitness Instructor when it first opened.

It is a large, busy gym, however, it does have it's fair amount of trouble there. If you consider that you may be leaving in the evening you might want to look around the car park and the people hanging around. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but personally I think you should definately look at your other options.

Croydon is a very busy town centre, however, I think what the other lady said about 'up market clientele' could be correct - no offence, but a large percentage of people will just be happy to pay to go the the 'chop shop' for their nails.

I would consider the areas, just outside, i.e., Purley, Sanderstead, South Croydon - even West Wickham. These are the areas have are a little bit more 'affluent', have good transport links and ladies who have a little bit more time on their hands to have beauty treatments.

I hope that this helps - if you want any more info let me know.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, but having lived and worked in Croydon I think I'm quite well informed to give this sort of advice.

Good luck!

Hi.

I'm pretty new to this site and have been reading what all you girls write and find it quite interesting.

Sarah - I know the gym you are talking about as I used to work there as a Fitness Instructor when it first opened.

It is a large, busy gym, however, it does have it's fair amount of trouble there. If you consider that you may be leaving in the evening you might want to look around the car park and the people hanging around. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but personally I think you should definately look at your other options.

Croydon is a very busy town centre, however, I think what the other lady said about 'up market clientele' could be correct - no offence, but a large percentage of people will just be happy to pay to go the the 'chop shop' for their nails.

I would consider the areas, just outside, i.e., Purley, Sanderstead, South Croydon - even West Wickham. These are the areas have are a little bit more 'affluent', have good transport links and ladies who have a little bit more time on their hands to have beauty treatments.

I hope that this helps - if you want any more info let me know.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, but having lived and worked in Croydon I think I'm quite well informed to give this sort of advice.

Good luck!

Hi helen thanks, its good to get someone that has actually worked theres advice, that was my main concern leaving the gym of a evening, when i was in the gym i felt safe it was just leaving it. Did u mean the gym has trouble inside? or the trouble was outside?

xx

Hi Sarah.

You are welcome.

If you want me to be honest ..... both.

It was a couple of years ago that I worked there but they have a security guard on the door - that tells you something doesn't it?!

Good luck.

Try Top Notch - opposite E.Croydon station. They used to have a beautician and it's a corporate gym. Talk to Jacqui she may be able to tell you whether they can offer you anything and why the last beautician left. But this would definately be better for you and right on top of E.Croydon station and predominately used by people that work in the surrounding offices and work in London. :!:

Hi Sarah.

You are welcome.

If you want me to be honest ..... both.

It was a couple of years ago that I worked there but they have a security guard on the door - that tells you something doesn't it?!

Good luck.

Try Top Notch - opposite E.Croydon station. They used to have a beautician and it's a corporate gym. Talk to Jacqui she may be able to tell you whether they can offer you anything and why the last beautician left. But this would definately be better for you and right on top of E.Croydon station and predominately used by people that work in the surrounding offices and work in London. :!:

Hiya, thanks for ur advice, I will try that. xx

hello... i know this is abit late in offering guidence but i though i would anyway

I live in croydon... and have donefor 10 years...
Yes west croydon is rough and i know of at least 5-8 budget salongs from west croydon through the town centre, they charge £20 a set and lots of youngsters use them!

I am new qualified with creative l&p... and work mobile.
i would stick with advice given... try places like beckenham, bromley, hayes, west wickham, shirley, sandersted.... they are more up market and people who apprieciate quality rather than local young girls looking for budget nails ona night out on the town.

Croydon is a high for crime.. but it now has alot of officers walking the streets keeping an eye on things!
but hope this also helps.. sorry to be a bit late witha reply!

Latest posts

Back