Cruelty free

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree! I considered using natural products too but didn't think about the animal testing side of other products. Does anyone know who else Revlon own?! How do you find out who animal tests or not? :s

I agree! I considered using natural products too but didn't think about the animal testing side of other products. Does anyone know who else Revlon own?! How do you find out who animal tests or not? :s
Research the company.

Do they have a policy on their website? Are they owned by another company? Do they sell in China.... it's pretty much a minefield but the info is out there.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not that I would ever use the PETA.org website for a serious resource for information (they tend to be a bit over the top), it is a starting point. I suppose we can go from there and use Google to help us find more info and real facts.

Peta's list of cruelty free nail care brands (p.s. I'm screwed. Only recognize a handful of names here):
Cruelty-Free Companies by Product Type: Nail Care | Search for Cruelty-Free Companies | Beauty | Living | PETA

Also, Animal Ingredients List | Cruelty-Free Beauty & Cosmetics | Living | PETA

Thanks for the links will definitely have a look!! Lol oh dear at your ps.. can imagine be difficult to find lots that are cruelty free :s research it is for me then! X

Many years ago I worked for Revlon and we would have people protesting outside the shop etc. One of the girls near me worked for a company that didn't test on animals. She did tell me however that it was the final product that wasn't tested on animals but everything the company used to make the products had already been tested. This way they were able to say that their products weren't tested on animals. I'm going back a very long time so don't know if this practice has been ruled out!
It is a bit of a minefield and often the people it is important to have a wealth of knowledge so to make the claims you really need to know your stuff!

Vicki x

I really do think you should educate yourself a little bit more because you are talking absolute piffle.

Google is a great resource. The answers are at your fingertips. You are talking about utterly different products that are in no way connected.

Blimey how rude!!

Shellac is a name of a product first and foremost, this product is found in many many everyday things and used by many professions from cake making to French polishing.

There are a few varying responses to the original question but not one, apart from your initial response is as you like to say piffle!

Depending which bit of Google you are looking at at the time it will tell you varying answers, you build a picture of all that is read to come to a conclusion, your final answer.

Now how about a lil bit of Monday niceness?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vicki is right, historically most of the ingredients in anything that gets used by humans have been tested on animals, even if the final product hasn't!

Blimey how rude!!

Shellac is a name of a product first and foremost, this product is found in many many everyday things and used by many professions from cake making to French polishing.

There are a few varying responses to the original question but not one, apart from your initial response is as you like to say piffle!

Depending which bit of Google you are looking at at the time it will tell you varying answers, you build a picture of all that is read to come to a conclusion, your final answer.

Now how about a lil bit of Monday niceness?

The respondent you are “defending” is a capable adult who independently voiced unhappiness. I listened & apologised.

Why inflame a fully resolved situation by writing an entire post focused on negativity and belittling another? It isn’t helpful or productive. It just creates an atmosphere of unpleasantness. The “Monday niceness” you apparently desire is sadly undermined by your own post.

I can’t see anything wrong or inaccurate with my initial response? The thread is about cruelty free products so I succinctly explained she was talking about a different product & moved forward. The varying uses of the other type of shellac don’t need to be fully investigated in my opinion as it lacks relevancy. So I guess we disagree. But I respect your right to voice an opinion.

Last edited:
Vicki is right, historically most of the ingredients in anything that gets used by humans have been tested on animals, even if the final product hasn't!

The Chinese require the finished product to be animal tested prior to sale.

So any beauty company selling their products to the Chinese market tests on animals. This includes Revlon amongst many, many others.

Latest posts

Back