Crystal manicure/pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessNails

Reaction score
Can you please tell me roughly how many crystals you use for
-full crystal manicure
-full crystal pedicure

Of course I understand that it depends on many variables such as crystal size, nail length etc but was wondering of someone who carries these out regularly can tell me an approx for each please?

I've been wondering the same thing, got some samples of different sizes the other day but not sure how many to order for a full set.

Hi Lolla. I have Searovski SS5 sized cryayals in a factory pack but would like to know roughly how many it takes for a full set. I know practice makes perfect etc and the only way ill know for sure is to do them myself but as they're not cheap I would like to know roughly how many full sets (if any) that I can get from a factory pack of Swarovski crystals.

SS5:
2 big toes approx 300 crystals.
4 small toes approx 200 crystals per foot.

So full set of toes approx 300 + 200 + 200 = 700.

Nails I would expect to be roughly the same maybe another 100 crystals, although you would use less on the thumbs than on the big toes you would use more on the 4 fingers as most fingernails are bigger than the little toenails.

You should defo get 2 full sets from a factory pack BUT there are the obvious variables to take into account, nail length, width and crystal size and how close you pack the crystals onto the nails.

Thanks Baggybear! Baggybear never fails on providing the answers for crystals! Thank you!!

SS5:
2 big toes approx 300 crystals.
4 small toes approx 200 crystals per foot.

So full set of toes approx 300 + 200 + 200 = 700.

Nails I would expect to be roughly the same maybe another 100 crystals, although you would use less on the thumbs than on the big toes you would use more on the 4 fingers as most fingernails are bigger than the little toenails.

You should defo get 2 full sets from a factory pack BUT there are the obvious variables to take into account, nail length, width and crystal size and how close you pack the crystals onto the nails.

700? Yikes, that's a lot of crystals! And very costly? Surely you'd have to charge a hell of a lot to make your money back, pay for your time and make profit? I guess that's why Nails Inc charge so much (not sure if I'm allowed to say that!).

50 crystals on each small toe? That seems like an awful lot to me? Have you tried using other sizes? SS5 are teeny tiny, but I suppose using more of the small crystals gives a lot of sparkle.

xx

Once you get them on the nail- ss5 aren't that tiny any more. They also look better overall if you choose to place them directly on the nail without faffing about with glittering bases or colors on the nail first :)

Of course you price your service to accommodate product cost and time taken

If you look at the cost of a factory pack of crystals, it isn't a very large investment, but quite a premium and long lasting service

I totally agree with everything Fee said.
Here are a few pics of set I have done to show that all the colour you need is from the crystals (all my sets are done with clear sog gel)

Nic160711-1-1.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

Chontellebluecrystalped1-1.jpg

SianZebraCrystalped3.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I totally agree with everything Fee said.
Here are a few pics of set I have done to show that all the colour you need is from the crystals (all my sets are done with clear sog gel)

Nic160711-1-1.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

Chontellebluecrystalped1-1.jpg

SianZebraCrystalped3.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Very pretty :)

I suppose if you are doing designs/patterns using the Swarovskis you need the smaller size, but if it is just 1 plain colour, SS6 or SS7 would work too.

xx

The bigger the crystals are the bigger the gaps they leave and they really don't look as good.

I have used SS7 and they looked ok because I had Minx under them but they really do look 100% better in SS5.

Baggybear do you use the plain crystal or crystal AB? I am looking on scattercrystals and can't decide which ones are better!

The ones pictured above all have 'crystal' but I do have 'AB' in stock too. I try to have a good selection available at all times but have found the crystal to be the most popular colour so far.

Tastes change so quickly with the fashion these days though that next month it may be all about the AB's.

I would say get them both if you can as they will appeal to different people.

I think I'll get both and afew colours as well. Would you recommend any particular colours?

I have (off the top of my head):

Crystal, Crystal AB, Emerald, Hyacinth (red), Jet, Sapphire, Sunflower, Topaz, Amethyst & Rose.

I tried to chose 1 blue, 1 red, 1 green, 1 pink etc.. to go with my Minx/wraps and I ordered them a few at a time, the orders get very expensive if your not careful lol.

Hi baggybear,

Where do you get your crystals from? I wouldnt mind having a go at this as it seems all the rage at the moment
xx

Thanks baggybear, I had a look this morning and I think I could spend a fortune!

Hi baggybear,

Where do you get your crystals from? I wouldnt mind having a go at this as it seems all the rage at the moment
xx
I get mine from here:
Factory Pack Flatback Crystals, Non-Hotfix, Style 2028, SS5 (1.8mm)

Thanks baggybear, I had a look this morning and I think I could spend a fortune!
It really is hard to just get 3/4 colours at a time and not to just buy them all lol.

I have Searovski SS5 sized cryayals in a factory pack but would like to know roughly how many it takes for a full set.
kv.gif

The answer to that is one page 1 of this thread.

Baggy ear, what do you set your crystals in to make them last? I've tried putting in uncured shellac then top coat and also using gel bond on cured shellac top coat. Neither are reliable for more than 10 days. :( thanks :)

I use clear Cuccio Pronto (or clear ECO sog as it's the same) and my aplication has been listed on here many times.

Prep Nail
Dehydrator
Very thin gel layer as base
Cure
Thin layer of gel &
Apply Crystals
Cure
Apply a small amount of Eco Universal Soak Off Top Coat*
Cure
Apply a little more top coat if needed
Wipe with cleanse

*The top coat is VERY thin and runny so I prefer to do 2 applications to ensure all the crystals are embedded but not flooded with top coat.

I use the Eco Universal Soak Off Top Coat because it does NOT dull the crystals and it helps to keep the crystals in place while still being super shiney.

Eco Universal Top Coat is available from several places, I got mine from the link below as it is a beauty place that has their own site but the Ebay shop is cheaper:

ECO UNIVERSAL SOAK OFF UV GEL TOP COAT SEALER HIGH GLOSS SHINE 15ml | eBay

or the bigger bottle:

ECO UNIVERSAL SOAK OFF UV GEL TOP COAT SEALER HIGH GLOSS SHINE 75ml | eBay

This old thread has lots of advice on it:
Swarovski Crystal Pedicure

Latest posts

Back