Cud, wud,shud...guna use English!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just giving this a little bump up...

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I read a post the other day, or at least I tried to. The whole large paragraph had no punctuation at all, and I just couldn't make head or tail of it. Shame as I though it sounded like an interesting question.

Massive paragraphs makes my eyes glaze over . I find them harder to cope with than text talk.
I'll just not bother when I'm faced with a huge block of words....I'll just skip the post.

If I can't read it, I pass on by.

Massive paragraphs makes my eyes glaze over . I find them harder to cope with than text talk.
I'll just not bother when I'm faced with a huge block of words....I'll just skip the post.

I agree, it actually does hurt my eyes!
Sometimes though I do sneak in and add some spacing to make it easier to read.
Then as if by magic people start to post their help and answers....I'm just not sure if the OPs even notice ;)

Payed?.NO. It's paid.

I've seen this spelling error on most threads. ..irked.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
English is my 3rd language and I am always worried about writing. :(
I speak it much much better.
I find myself re reading over and over to make sure it sounds intelligent and then I post. If I still have mistakes I have to go back in and edit.
I do my best to read, write and speak English because I adore being a Canadian. :) Sometimes I find myself thinking I speak perfect English without an accent and then people will ask: "Where are you from?" Hehe oh, well.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

English is my 3rd language and I am always worried about writing. :(
I speak it much much better.
I find myself re reading over and over to make sure it sounds intelligent and then I post. If I still have mistakes I have to go back in and edit.
I do my best to read, write and speak English because I adore being a Canadian. :) Sometimes I find myself thinking I speak perfect English without an accent and then people will ask: "Where are you from?" Hehe oh, well.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

English is your THIRD language?? Wow Biljana, you type better than some on here where English is their only language x

I'm seeing a lot of this lately.. ...i wish u 2 can ave cos I ain't got non an I wish I ave.... Type of thing - stop it! Type properly

(I'm feeling old haha)

There was a classic on one of the boards the other day.

All beautifully punctuated with kisses (x) .... yes, that's right, not a comma, apostrophe, full stop or paragraph break to be found, all just lovely kisses (I despair).

Yep I saw that. Well, I saw all the x x x and didn't read it x x x

I done.

NO! I did. It's not difficult, is it? Like Biljana, English isn't my first language and I am very aware of how I speak or write.

Maybe the English that is taught abroad is better than the English taught here. Because abroad, you learn the language before you speak it, but here everyone speaks it then you are taught it properly in school. Does that even make sense?

I done.

NO! I did. It's not difficult, is it? Like Biljana, English isn't my first language and I am very aware of how I speak or write.

Maybe the English that is taught abroad is better than the English taught here. Because abroad, you learn the language before you speak it, but here everyone speaks it then you are taught it properly in school. Does that even make sense?

(Feels the need to bump this thread )

English not being your native language, you are both outstanding at it.

Grammar, punctuation, paragraphs, correct wording and meanings, you both make your posts a pleasure to read!

Some of late have sent me Blue, gasping for air trying to read "word walls" with none of the above in practise, so I give up reading what could be an interesting post.

(Feels the need to bump this thread )

English not being your native language, you are both outstanding at it.

Grammar, punctuation, paragraphs, correct wording and meanings, you both make your posts a pleasure to read!

Some of late have sent me Blue, gasping for air trying to read "word walls" with none of the above in practise, so I give up reading what could be an interesting post.

Honestly, it is a work in progress.
I still have my e-dictionary as well as my Websters paper copy and you won't catch me without it.
There are many many posts I refuse to read to the end. Occasional misspelled word can happen to anyone, and it is still easy to decipher what the sentence means.
Big part of me always wonders, who and where the person is from to be making these obvious mistakes. Is it pure laziness? Or has the education system completely failed us?
How much blame can we place on the parents? I myself am constanly educating my children. We devote a few hours after dinner to reading and their comprehension. It isn't easy for them as we teach them 3 languages but they do just fine :) I will be dam*ed if they started slangin' and I am not afraid to discipline.

P.S. To all those that misuse English, do you even care? Do you not realize that you get stereotyped? If I can't read what you have to say, I will class you whether I want to or not. It is hard to work, connect and otherwise share ideas on things we enjoy because I feel like I am "talking" to an uneducated dummy.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it's true that a lot of people (by no means all) in this industry do not care if they can spell or how they write. All the girls at my college used to laugh about their spelling and make light of their terrible English. Even my tutors couldn't spell, the comments in my portfolio for each assessment are appalling.

The problem I feel is that as soon as you leave primary school you are no longer given spelling lessons or made to work on your writing skills. As long as they can muddle you through a GCSE schools don't care. As such a huge amount of people my age think it's ok to "tlk n rite lyk dis" all the time.

P.S. To all those that misuse English, do you even care? Do you not realize that you get stereotyped? If I can't read what you have to say, I will class you whether I want to or not. It is hard to work, connect and otherwise share ideas on things we enjoy because I feel like I am "talking" to an uneducated dummy.

I'm guilty of this as well, I ashamed to say I think anyone who can't be bothered to use proper English on here must be thick. I also don't believe the "My phone corrects what I type to this" excuse. Check your messages before you post!

Latest posts

Back