Cupping Therapy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score
I have searched this but no luck.

Does anyone do Cupping Therapy?
Is it popular, Does it work?

For anyone who doesn't know about Cupping I have copied the below for you;
Cupping therapy is the method of using glass or plastic cups to create localized pressure by a vacuum. The Chinese have been doing this since ancient times by using heat inside glass or bamboo cups. Nowadays, cupping sets use suction to create the vacuum. The vacuum inside the cups causes the blood to form in the area and help the healing in that area.
Ancient Chinese medicine have believed that the body contains "Meridians". These meridians are pathways in the body which the energy of life called Qi ("chi") flows through. It flows through every body part, tissue, and organ. Cupping therapy is mainly performed on one's back because there are five meridians on your back. When these meridians are opened, the internal energy is able to flow through the whole body.
Another healing aspect of cupping therapy is through the release of toxins in your body. The suction from the cups can penetrate deep into your tissues causing the tissues to release harmful toxins. It triggers the lymphatic system, clears the blood vessels, and stretches and activates the skin.
Cupping therapy has been found in ancient records dating back 3500 years and it is still used today by many alternative medicine practictioners. New advancements in technology and materials have been integrated with cupping therapies and its uses now range for many different treatments and applications.

Ann (guru holistics) does it so maybe you could ask her. She is called hippy-chick on here.

Great, thank you Angelina x

Ann (guru holistics) does it so maybe you could ask her. She is called hippy-chick on here.

Was going to say that, you beat me to it! :green:

hiya [waves]
yes I do chinese cupping, and have my cups out on display on the radiator.

I do offer it as a stand along treatment but it only ever gets booked when the celebs show their backs off to the paparazzi, ie Paltrow and Madonna.

What I do use it for is an additional part of a treatment, ie if I'm working on an area and I think it needs a bit of va va vooooom, I light up and put a cup(s) on the area.

Glad I did the course but not a money maker

This sounds like the old vacuum suction massage that we used to do with a glass venteuse and suction machine back when I was at college in the kate 90's - it was supposed to help with lymphatic drainage and increase circulation. We used to do it for face and body as I remember, although I've never done it since then and haven't seen it in a salon for ages!!

They were having this done on Made in Chelsea on Monday....you have just answered a question for me as i had no idea what it was! Thanks ;) xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

hiya [waves]
yes I do chinese cupping, and have my cups out on display on the radiator.

I do offer it as a stand along treatment but it only ever gets booked when the celebs show their backs off to the paparazzi, ie Paltrow and Madonna.

What I do use it for is an additional part of a treatment, ie if I'm working on an area and I think it needs a bit of va va vooooom, I light up and put a cup(s) on the area.

Glad I did the course but not a money maker

Hi Ann,
Thanks for replying, didn't want to bother you with a PM, so I am glad you dropped by :hug:
Would you also say the treatment breaks down tensed/tight areas?
How much do you charge for a back & full body treatment?
Do you feel the benefit after one treatment or do you need a course?
Where did you do your training?
Would you recommend offering this or is it more a "trend" for clients? x

This sounds like the old vacuum suction massage that we used to do with a glass venteuse and suction machine back when I was at college in the kate 90's - it was supposed to help with lymphatic drainage and increase circulation. We used to do it for face and body as I remember, although I've never done it since then and haven't seen it in a salon for ages!!

Yes Martin, you are right, it does, doesn't it? It was only reading you saying that which jogged my memory. I too did vacuum suction at college back in the late 90s too (& totally forgot about it) Yes, I remember we used to cover a finger over the glass hole to block the vacuum then side along the face & to release lift the finger off. I have never done it since or ever seen it advertised in any salons either along with G5! x

Hi, In response to all the previous posts and if I may...I am the Sales & Marketing director for Bellabaci Cupping Therapy Massage cups, a new and modern take on the ancient Chinese cupping therapy treatment modality. I would like to introduce you all to the amazing, highly effective treatment technique originated by our very own Keren Trabelsi.

If you are a massage therapist or just generally interested in cupping, you owe yourself a favor in checking out our fantastic product.

Please visit out informative website

Any questions please contact me. We are seeking distributors and affiliates worldwide...

Thank you - Derrick

Emma lovely, you can always pm me!

Yes it breaks down tense muscles. It works on releasing areas that you are just getting nowhere with when using your deep tissue/trigger point techniques. I don't go straight on with a cup, its only if I've worked it a bit and think I'm not going to get anywhere fast, or its just a large area of tension with no definite centre point of tension. Tends to be around the top of the trapezius.

http://www.facebook.com/ME.BERYL?re...05776012399.2133498.1485497618&type=1&theater

I trained with Dr John Brazier at the Sandra Day school in Rochdale but I don't think he teaches it over one day anymore. I was also taught moxibustion too.

Arr thank you Ann xx

Sounds really good, the link is broken at the moment, I will try again later xx

What is Moxibuston? X

What is Moxibuston? X
moxibustion is burning something so it smoulders then applying the heat over an area that needs heat.
I was taught to use cigar shape of dried chrysthanenum, but I prefer to use the smokeless charcoal.

acupuncturists also apply coils of it to a needle to apply heat.

sorry about the link it was for a picture that I did this week on a friend.

Try this one to my website, and scroll down to c for cupping.
Alternatives - Guruholistics

The acupuncturist who used to work at the same place as me used mugwort for moxibustion, which has a very distinctive aroma that's not too dissimilar to another 'herbal' product!!

moxibustion is burning something so it smoulders then applying the heat over an area that needs heat.
I was taught to use cigar shape of dried chrysthanenum, but I prefer to use the smokeless charcoal.

acupuncturists also apply coils of it to a needle to apply heat.

sorry about the link it was for a picture that I did this week on a friend.

Try this one to my website, and scroll down to c for cupping.
Alternatives - Guruholistics

Sounds very interesting,
Ann all your treatments sound wonderful, & so reasonably priced x

The acupuncturist who used to work at the same place as me used mugwort for moxibustion, which has a very distinctive aroma that's not too dissimilar to another 'herbal' product!!

Oh dear - bet it made the clients very relaxed :lol:

This is after cupping and I stayed like that for two weeks, no skimpy little tops for me lol ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426513005.588513.jpg

This is after cupping and I stayed like that for two weeks, no skimpy little tops for me lolView attachment 83528

Flippin heck!

I tend to use sliding cupping when I cup as part of chinese medicine..it avoids the static bruises or cup rings forming!

I will never have it again looks an felt awful 🙈

I've had it done....didn't look like this....😱

I have cupping often & get fab bruises but I feel it shows that it's gone pretty deep & is working....
(I'm probably strange that I like seeing the bruises!😉)

Latest posts

Back