Curette how to use it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
Maybe a daft question but here it goes :D

Recived my curette today looks a fab little too , anyhow is there a certain technique on how to use it? thanks x

Hey. Love my curette its a fab tool :)

If you go onto you tube and search for fingernail fixers video on removing the real cuticle it demonstrates how to use it! I found it really helpful :)

HTH

X

Hey. Love my curette its a fab tool :)

If you go onto you tube and search for fingernail fixers video on removing the real cuticle it demonstrates how to use it! I found it really helpful :)

HTH

X

Brilliant !! , will do later on :) , and do you also use it with the cuticle away as well? or can it be used on its own x

Brilliant !! , will do later on :) , and do you also use it with the cuticle away as well? or can it be used on its own x

I always use with cuticle away but I think lots of people do dry prep which I'm sure you can use it then!? But personally I always use cuticle away :) X

This video helped me a lot! Not necessarily in technique, but the fact that there is sooo much more cuticle than you realize. It helped me do a better prep and PEP on clients, which gave me more confidence in my application! :)

Cuticle Work V2 - YouTube

Oh, and she uses the curette in this, to make sure to have answered your original question. ;)

where did you get yours, i've beeln looking and cant see any good ones x

where did you get yours, i've beeln looking and cant see any good ones x

I got it from america !! , tryed all local beauty warehouse's and they cant get hold of them :eek::eek::eek:

so tryed ebay of all places !! , was sent out on 1st december and recived today !!

This video helped me a lot! Not necessarily in technique, but the fact that there is sooo much more cuticle than you realize. It helped me do a better prep and PEP on clients, which gave me more confidence in my application! :)

Oh, and she uses the curette in this, to make sure to have answered your original question. ;)

thank you will watch the video x

Missgiggles can u tell me the website u got it from. Mine doesn't seem right it's as if it's bent, I got it from sweet squared! M xx

Hi,, I'll private message u in morning as off laptop now x

I bought a curette from S2 and was very upset with it. It was double ended (unlike the picture of the item I ordered) and the curette end is at a funny angle making it difficult to work with. I now use this tool for any stirring I need to do!

I bought 2 from here and they are great Curette Tool - michelleporterbeautyproducts.com excellent value too!

I have no idea how to use mines from s2 either. I use the precision probe end and that's fine for me. X

I always use the probe .. But it is sharper than the curette so use gently until you get used to it.

To use the angled curette from S2 requires no more to use it easily and efficiently than to raise the finger to a different angle for working and away you go. Great tool as well and not quite so sharp. And it is brilliant for toes. I haven't tried it for stirring anything, I have to say.

At the risk of sounding completely stupid, I know Prep is short for Nail Preparation prior to a service but what on Earth is PEP?

Keep seeing it on various threads and thought it was people spelling prep wrong lol but now you've said Prep and PEP, I gather they are 2 different things.

PEP is the same but with the "R" remove the shine. You don't need to remove the shine for Shellac. Xx

Meant to say "without the R".

Thank you so much... Blimey is THAT what it is??? R for remove... God, I feel like a right numpty now :)

PREP = Perform a manicure, Remove surface shine, Eliminate surface contaminants, Purify nail plate layers

So yes, 'PEP' just takes the 'Remove surface shine' out of the equation! xx

Mucho Gracias xxx

Latest posts

Back