curling my (long) hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
Hiya,

I do beauty therapy (and not hair) but have a personal question..

i was just wondering the best way to curl hair - would it be the heated rollers? I have tried normal rollers before and also triest curling with tongs (And can not get to grips with it) what is the easiest way for a beginner to curl my own hair!

thanks xx

Curling your own long hair is difficult but you should be able to get a good effect with heated rollers, wind them in when they are nice and hot and then leave them in until they are cool to allow the curl to set, take them out hang your head upside down and run your fingers through. It will take quite a bit of practice to know which size to use. Tongs are good but again require some skill to get the back done well. I'm sure someone 'who knows' will recommend a suitable product to help keep the curl in once you've sorted it. hope this helps. :D

You could also try a curling wand. They are easier to use than tongs because you wrap the hair around the wand from the roots to the tips rather than having to grab the hair at the tip and winding it up. They usually come with a glove so that when you've wrapped the hair round you can hold it in place for a few seconds without burning yourself.
kate x

NOT A HAIR DRESSER , (but i do work with 4 lol ) and i have long corse thick hair lol ive bought some GHD'S after using theres for the past 6 months! lol , and i can curl it with them in about 25 mins to do the whole lot! it takes longer than that to put rollers in lol
the curls really seem to hold nice to ,

Hiya,

i was just wondering the best way to curl hair - would it be the heated rollers? I have tried normal rollers before and also triest curling with tongs (And can not get to grips with it) what is the easiest way for a beginner to curl my own hair!

thanks xx

I use a really old set of Remington heated rollers. They work really well. You can put them in and then do your make up and get dressed. By the time you are dressed and ready the curls should be set.

I use them with John Frieda curl cream. Just a small amount works really well and keeps the curl.

Hiya,

thanks xx

Straightener curls all the way lol. I recommend them to all my clients, obviously if you have rather square, flat straighteners it can be difficult (my tony and guys are a nightmare). i describe it as like curling ribbon on a christmas present. just turn your straighteners as you smooth them down each section of hair. the more turns you do the tighter the curl and you can turn the next section in the opposite direction so they dont all twist together. once you get the hang of it you will end up getting a full head of bouncey curls in 20mins or less lol. :) and dont forget to use heat defence. sometimes while practicing the straighteners are in contact wiht the hair a little longer than usual.

not a hair pro either but I swear by my braun gas tongs, my hair does not seem to hold the curl even when done by a pro! :cry: lol xx

Latest posts

Back