Curly hair problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razor

Reaction score
hello, i have a problem with my curly hair :/
it makes me tierd every time i straight it by straighting machine it takes me about 2 hours it's thick and dense
i've make hair extenso last year it make my hair about 20% liss curler
and it have back now but not like how it was before it's okay now

i want to do something to my hair but i don't want what to do
i can't cut the haircuts i like because i have to stright it every day

i want your help :)

Last edited:
Hi Razor, I have the same prob, curly, thick, frizzy hair. I use my GHD's with a heat protector but only straighten small sections of hair at a time, I think thats why it lasts me a couple of days before I need to straighten again or wash it. I also use a serum on the ends of my hair not too much as it can look greasy.

have you thought about chemically straightening your hair?

its basically a perm in reverse, u need to go to a salon and have a consultation with a hairdresser face to face hth's :)

have you thought about chemically straightening your hair?

its basically a perm in reverse, u need to go to a salon and have a consultation with a hairdresser face to face hth's :)
yes i've tried it
but for my bad luck the one who make the chemical straightening
wasn't a pro i like my hair when she do it xD
but after one week it have been more culrly and when i make her see how
bad it have been now she said that's not her fault ><

sometimes i think about chemically straighteningmy hair but my mum doesn't
agree me so what did you think ?

Hi Razor, I have the same prob, curly, thick, frizzy hair. I use my GHD's with a heat protector but only straighten small sections of hair at a time, I think thats why it lasts me a couple of days before I need to straighten again or wash it. I also use a serum on the ends of my hair not too much as it can look greasy.

that's what i do too

My eldest daughter has lovely curly hair and she has it straight sometimes. I blow dry it straight using a big barrel brush before straightening. It gets it much straighter if you blow dry it straight first. She uses t3 straighteners which she loves but she loves the one's i use in my salon which are Nicky Clarks ionic straighteners and they really weren't expensive!

yes i've tried it
but for my bad luck the one who make the chemical straightening
wasn't a pro i like my hair when she do it xD

sometimes i think about chemically straighteningmy hair but my mum doesn't
agree me so what did you think ?

Do you mean you'v just had it straightened with a pair of straighteners? or you have had it chemically straightened but the person who done it wasnt a professional?

If you have only had it straightened with a pair of straighteners then after three days it will be curly again, a pair of straighteners is just a styling aid like a hair dryer, once your hair starts being in contact with moisture it will go back to its natural form.

if you meant it had been chemically straightened then it may not have been neutralised properly so that the chemical changes haven't been set properly

Hi Razor, looking at the area you come from gives me couple fo hints....
It is very possible that the hairdressers in your area have not been trained to do chemical straightening. I think that your chances are to keep using your hair straighteners and get some really good products to your hair. We always want what we don't have. Maybe you could try to find the way of working with it? Here we would say mash-Allah and be very jealous of your hair......

Hi Razor, I love naturally curly hair too,
I think curly hair is so beautiful :)

I understand you have had a straightening treatment called Extenso ?
this is a chemical relaxer made by Loreal
which is very good to relax the natural curl but not make it poker straight ?

and now it has grown out again ?
are you going to get another Extenso treatment soon ?
the Extenso should help relax the curls again for you ,

with all relaxing treatments you still need to use the blow dryer or straightening irons ,

Perhaps you could try a Wella salon and ask for a Wella strate straightening treatment with straightening irons ,

I use this Wella Strate treatment on afro carribean hair and it makes the hair very straight when used with the straightening irons during the actual treatment.
It takes a long time done this way but it is worth it :hug:

Extenso isn't really made to get hair poker straight, it is mainly for softening a curl to allow easier styling, ie- blow dry& flat iron work. An advantage with Extenso is that it isn't applied directly to the scalp so the lift and natural movement at the scalp aren't as affected, and the hair can be scrunched to achieve a curly look, with minimal effort.

Speaking from a curly haired point of view- not thick, not super curly- Extenso allows more styling options, if I want to have poker straight, ISO Maintamer or one of the Wella straighteners, but since I don't have enormous density, I feel bald when poker straight.

Hi Razor, I love naturally curly hair too,
I think curly hair is so beautiful :)

I understand you have had a straightening treatment called Extenso ?
this is a chemical relaxer made by Loreal
which is very good to relax the natural curl but not make it poker straight ?

and now it has grown out again ?
are you going to get another Extenso treatment soon ?
the Extenso should help relax the curls again for you ,

with all relaxing treatments you still need to use the blow dryer or straightening irons ,

Perhaps you could try a Wella salon and ask for a Wella strate straightening treatment with straightening irons ,

I use this Wella Strate treatment on afro carribean hair and it makes the hair very straight when used with the straightening irons during the actual treatment.
It takes a long time done this way but it is worth it :hug:

my curls not look naturally, that's why i hate them
i love curly hair but not mine :lol:
yes i've done wella extenso and my hair grow
i was thinking about making extenso again
but i've heard about good salon makes yuko staright system
in my place and now i'm thinking to go to it
and the most thing have encouraged me is that salon have been nomination by yuko website

i think i'll go and try my luck

my curls not look naturally, that's why i hate them
i love curly hair but not mine :lol:
yes i've done wella extenso and my hair grow
i was thinking about making extenso again
but i've heard about good salon makes yuko staright system
in my place and now i'm thinking to go to it
and the most thing have encouraged me is that salon have been nomination by yuko website

i think i'll go and try my luck

Hi Razor, thank you for your reply , please let us know how you get on ? :hug:

Latest posts

Back