Curly/Wirey ends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddlesore

Reaction score
The two main parts of hair at the front of my head the ends have gone all curly and wirey (sp)....I colour my hair alot and take care of it and have never noticed this before.

I am due for a cut next week but just worried as to what this is...even when I straighten my hair the ends are awful.

Any ideas/advice please xxx

colour and straightening! is what is making your ends frizzy, u need a GOOD cut and some good treatments on it!

Cool ok im booked in weds so i guess ill have to have a little more off than expected!
Is 3 min miracle ok to use?

xxx

cool, u need to use a treatment which has alot of protein in it. I would recommend L'Oreal absolut repair, see what range your salon stocks, well worth the extra money! x

I have my hair cut every 6wks so do you think my straighteners are burning my hair then?

If i turn them down my hair doesnt go straight...its thick.

Its worsened now and is wirey at the back

argh!

I have my hair cut every 6wks so do you think my straighteners are burning my hair then?

If i turn them down my hair doesnt go straight...its thick.

Its worsened now and is wirey at the back

argh!

Do u use a heat protector or/and smoothing fluid before straightening? Argan oil or Moroccan oil? All good products to use before and after.

The two main parts of hair at the front of my head the ends have gone all curly and wirey (sp)....I colour my hair alot and take care of it and have never noticed this before.

I am due for a cut next week but just worried as to what this is...even when I straighten my hair the ends are awful.

Any ideas/advice please xxx

I used to have the same problem when I had my highlights, my hair is fine but there's loads of it so the straightening irons just fry the ends if I use them too much. So I mostly blow dry it these days and since I started darkening it, its in such better condition.
Perhaps you are running over the hair too many times with irons? Or being too slow at the ends??? That is what I always ended up doing, especially if I was feeling lazy and doing too thicker sections just a thought. I try to just limit use to when I am going out and it seems to be doing the trick. Heat protection sprays and protein treatments will help a lot too x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all your help girls,it seems im not being as protective with the oil as I should be.

As I now have the fryed ends Aromababy,what do I need to do to make them better?Is cutting them off the only remedy?

Gonna put a hot oil on tomorrow in the morning and dry and style it carefully.

Im aware my colouring isnt helping but im convinced its the irons.

So wash,condition,rinse,heat protection,blow dry,finishing oil?Whats gonna give me moisture and shine but not oily hair then?Moroccan oil?

xxxx

Morrocan or Argan oil. Don't bother with hot oil waste of time that's a totally different concept which will just coat your hair. You're not gonna repair the frazzled ends they need to come off, but future reference, heat protector, Argan or Morrocan oil, they're both as good as each other.

Thanks for all your help girls,it seems im not being as protective with the oil as I should be.

As I now have the fryed ends Aromababy,what do I need to do to make them better?Is cutting them off the only remedy?

Gonna put a hot oil on tomorrow in the morning and dry and style it carefully.

Im aware my colouring isnt helping but im convinced its the irons.

So wash,condition,rinse,heat protection,blow dry,finishing oil?Whats gonna give me moisture and shine but not oily hair then?Moroccan oil?

xxxx

Cutting off the damage is the only option really i'm afraid, then using the products etc recommended to protect in the future. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back