custom blend what am i doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Reaction score
right!!!

i have never done custom blends before did my first set today on one of the girls i work with, she has very small nail bed not from biting just very small in general and i thought a set of custom blends would really help to make her nail bed look longer. here is where it went wrong;

i use EZ Flow products and after looking up past threads on here i found the recipe Ant Buckley put on here, i used 5 parts A polymer natural, 4 parts pansy and a little truly white as it was too pink for her skin tone, i did a set of sculpts which looked lovely apart from the pink was still see through and you could see her free edge underneath the part i tried to cover up, am i not supposed to do this??

also how would most of you do this on a client would you do the reverse application technique or as normal?? my problem is because i can see the free edge i am wanting to place the white over this any tips for me???

ta geeks

x x x x

I am not familiar with EZ Flow colours, but I think you could put soft white instead of natural, thus making it more opaque. Do they have a soft white?
It is also a good idea to try and play a little bit by yourself with different mixes and see what you can come up with. Be sure to keep notes, though! You don't want to make the perfect colour and not remember how you did it, do you?
HTH

Latest posts

Back