Customer complaint for self employed nail tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerryPixel

Reaction score
Hello.....again,

I recently (4 days ago) took on a new nail tech. She rents a desk from me.

Today she had a french shellac polish booked for 11am. All seemed to be fine until 6pm tonight when the business page received a message and photos.

Basically she sent four individual photos of four individual fingernails. She says the lines are not straight which I agree that ONE isn't. Basically she's not happy.

So, even though it wasn't me who did the service I have offered to fit her in tomorrow for a free redo.

She wrote back saying that she was going to a wedding and she just wanted to let me know she wasn't happy. I have recently messaged back that I can open the salon at 8am and offer a further free treatment in the future at a time that is convenient for her.

No response yet. I'm assuming that only four fingers are not to standard as if it was the whole lot surely you would send the whole hand photo. Plus if you were really unhappy you would come back in.

I'm annoyed with the new nail tech and unsure of what to do now.

What do you guys think? Sorry for the long post.

Perhaps the new nail tech just needs a little more practice at french?

How bad do the four fingers actually look?

Sometimes it's about having the confidence to say to the client "i'm not happy with that line, i'm going to do it again"

There's been many a time I've wiped off a french tip/nail art that I wasn't happy with, even though the client said it was fine, but I don't think everyone does this as it a) takes more time and b) could be interpreted as you being crap at your job!

But I'd rather spend more time, and actually think it shows you care. Maybe just tell her to take more time when doing french and not to be afraid of redoing the white if she isn't happy?

As for the client, yes I believe I would go back even at 8am if I thought they were that horrific? You will always get those people who find the tiniest faults.

She does. They aren't that bad. It's only one that is quite crappy.

I just wish she would accept my offer. The girl that did them isn't back till Tuesday so it's just me

I just hope I have offered the right thing. I want to make it right even though it's not my cock up.

If it's only one that you think is bad then perhaps being annoyed with the new nail tech is unwarranted.
I'm not entirely clued up on renting a desk however I'd have thought it was her responsibility to deal with the client any any repairs required as she is self employed.

Yes I agree. But the client messaged my page which only I manage.

I am annoyed as it looks bad on us.

I just hope I have offered a resolution but the girl hasn't replied.

You have done the right thing in offering to fix the nails despite it not being your client as your girl is off till Tuesday, sadly that is the joys of running your own place. if the client does not want to take that offer then that is entirely her choice. Atleast you can say you offered, and offered even more further to that first offer of repairing.

As for the nail tech, while you are annoyed I wouldn't get overly irritated about it. It's one crappy nail, I'm sure you yourself have produced one crappy nail at one time or have had someone complain about a service previous. Instead I'd explain to the tech what has happened, and how to avoid it in the future. Maybe she needs more practice at French. We aren't all perfect :)

Thanks guys. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to loose my nut over it nor am I even going to mention it. I don't want to knock the girls confidence.

It's happened before with another one of our nail techs. It just makes me feel a bit irritated. I don't show it. That would just make me like my old boss

I just worry that she will give us a bad name. I'm over reacting. I just wanted to make sure that what I offered to do was okay.

I'm not going to give her the sack - don't worry.

Doesn't she mange her own appointments?
I've gone to hair salons before where I was advised to contact the hairdresser direct as she was self employed or they passed a message on.
I had a bad experience with one in particular and the salon were very apologetic but it want their responsibility

As a self employed tech, I would be very annoyed at you for getting involved in MY business. You should have redirected the client to contact the tech directly. Simply put, it's none of your business. No one does perfect sets all the time. No one. She was probably nervous as well. If you aren't able to employ, you need to let this tech run her own business.

As a self employed tech, I would be very annoyed at you for getting involved in MY business. You should have redirected the client to contact the tech directly. Simply put, it's none of your business. No one does perfect sets all the time. No one. She was probably nervous as well. If you aren't able to employ, you need to let this tech run her own business.

She's only been here 5 days. I was trying to cover for her as I don't want to knock her confidence.

I think you have done the right thing at the time, but definitely speak with the nail tech and agree on how you both will solve these type of situations. Use this as a learning curve [emoji5]️

I think you have done the right thing at the time, but definitely speak with the nail tech and agree on how you both will solve these type of situations. Use this as a learning curve [emoji5]️

Thank you. I will do.

She's still not got back to me so they can't be that bad.

Latest posts

Back