Customer complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
Any advice welcome I have a customer who had their marvel lash extensions just under two weeks ago. They've had a patch test previously no reaction.
The following week over 3 days later they are saying they had a reaction. I tried calling them and it always went to voicemail. They've tried to make out I used cheap glue and products. I use what I'm trained in marvel lash - nothing else. I explained I was sorry if they feel they had a reaction and felt that the product was to blame however they'd had a patch test in front of two other staff members and also came in the following day to someone else for a hair treatment showing everyone how great the lashes were. I got a message after voicemails back and forth saying that they were ok now and that was the main thing and not to worry. 5 days later I got a call on a Sunday and then a message after 10pm at night asking for a refund. This was on my personal number they were given as an emergency and been told to use the salon number to contact me not this mobile number as its not a business number. Anyway they haven't even paid for the service she's missed 3 previous appointments totalling over £300 of treatments so paid a tiny sum to cover the missed appointments in January - as a goodwill gesture and stating there is no liability on our part they were given a goodwill gesture back which they believe was what they paid for the lashes they hasn't paid anything as they'd already made the goodwill gesture in jan for missed appointments this covered it - me being kind and adjustable not charging them again.
I received an abusive text back stating they won't come in the salon after their final appointment with another staff member. They came in for their final appointment, no mention of what's occurred. As soon as they left the salon they have then called my personal number left an abusive message stating they feel sorry for my family
friends, they are disgusted, god help my partner, they will tell everyone not to go near me, I'm a horrible person.
I haven't replied to this I've then received another written message which actually doesn't make literate sense stating I will be receiving a bill for tests that will be done on the old glue and lashes they had removed by her apparent hospital visit. Without having tests they are already claiming they have proof it's my product - marvel lash product not mine, I don't have a chemical laboratory where I create products so not sure why they keep referring to MY products. Also i do lashes all the time never have problems with these products. Marvel Lash have confirmed it would be impossible for them to have a reaction days later. I've dealt with it in terms of apologies etc. however the personal abuse and slander is another new one on me. In 7 years of business and never had one complaint. Anyone experienced anything like this before?

This is terrible I feel really sorry for you. Nothing like this has ever happened to me so im not sure what I'd do either but all I can see is you have been totally professional and by not responding to the abuse is definitely the right thing to do. I reckon she is obviously lying too as she will never answer your call. If something had happened to you like she says you sure as hell would go in and show them or answer your phone. Not ignore it and go in for further treatments!! I'm not sure what you can do. Can you politely reply saying something like please stop sending abusive messages they will all be forwarded on to my solicitor now or the police or something as I have to protect myself and business against what you are saying. This might scare her abit as she's clearly lying. Hope you get it sorted xxx

I'd not even bother giving this person the time of day, you done the test so your covered by your insurance, ask her to stop contacting you and too go through a solicitor, sounds like she's lying and trying her luck too scare you into giving her compensation xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

sometimes I think clients have watched too menu episodes of Jeremy Kyle.

First don't respond to any more of her texts messages voice mails. You have been totally professional in dealings with her so far.
Contact your insurers and talk to them, they will prob request that any further correspondence from her is sent to them. She won't sue , she is prob just a nutter throwing a hissy fit, but your insurers will not want you to get embroiled in any direct correspondence with her.
Then when she next calls......refer her to them.
Sometime people love being in the center of a drama of their own making........don't get dragged in. Infact it is legally important that you don't.!!!

Check out Balens insurance website. I think they have some do's and don'ts in situations like this. It will be good advice for anyone.Remember insurance iisn't for when things go wrong, it's for when people say it has.

And lastly, a big hug from me...it's a pile of poo

Thanks all yeah I've done everything above board. We've come in to further messages this morning. It's getting quite abusive now so hopefully they will stop before they get themselves into trouble.

If it was me, I'd be sending her an invoice for the full amount outstanding by registered delivery giving her 7 days to pay in full or face court action.

She's managed to dodge paying the full fees for all the services she's received by behaving very badly and making you focus on her non existent complaints.

Don't let her get away with it!

Latest posts

Back