Customer etiquette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairspray

Reaction score
hi geeks. this is my first post so small beads of sweat on my forhead at the moment! :Scared:lol! my question is, is there good and bad customer etiquite? I know some of us can be difficult, but some (like me:o) are just, well, a bit green lol! the reason i ask is that i had recently moved and subsequently needed to find a new salon,i am now happy with my new stylist as she has been very creative with my cuts,but i have been pointed in a different direction regards a colourist. Is this the height of bad manners to go to 1 salon for a cut and another for a colour? my previous salon has always done both, sorry if this seems something of a daft question but im intersted to hear from a professional point of view good and bad costomer etiquette and what drives you guys insane?, i didnt see this the "pet hate" thread,(had a bit of a cringe as i was the culprit of one or two (innocently), xx

Well the client is always right! Lol it's your money if you choose to go to 2 places for cut and colour whos to say other wise, if you like the colour but not cut and vice versa it's your choice . From hairdressers point of view I would be trying to get you to have same done at 1 place x

ah thank you shelli, i would get a little red in the face if asked by the stylist "ah who done your colour?" eeek lol, when i read pet hates thread i have to say i hid behind my screen and had a cringe because i suppose as a customer one takes it for granted,that the professional will "magic" a new idea and that while my query might seem a simple one to me or a suggestion like i have used many times "ok! do something different, i dont know what, but different", i am probably driving these poor guys insane :o
maybe a list of DOs and DONTs should be compiled for us customers sometimes lol

In the end it boils down to this:
The client/ stylist relationship is based on trust and takes time to build.
Each stylist has a strength and a personal way of doing things which a client may or may not prefer.
The client deserves to feel fabulous and has a right to go where they wish.

Personally I would look at my the reasons a client was going elsewhere and establish whether my skills were lacking or my work was under par or whether I had gotten lazy at recommending new styles, techniques or colours to a client and try to make changes.

But if a client just prefers the way someone else does their hair I wouldn't take it personally. But that's just me...

Latest posts

Back