Customer likes NSS looking nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenHug

Reaction score
So a good friend of mine has taken her nss nails off so I can put a set on as im training.

She's pleased with them but said she prefers the width of her old nails and can't I do them like that for her? They were much flatter, and I think mine make her fingers longer and more slender. Hoping she gets used to them, although she has asked if I can get the tips they use. Can I? I'd rather not, but if it means I keep a customer I may have to think about it possibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the tips it's how they apply the acrylic usually with a large brush in one bead. If you want to make your friend's nails chunkier if that's what she likes just try applying more in zone 1 and flattening it out with your brush to make the nails appear wider if that makes sense x

As long as you work safely, all looks are valid and worth knowing how to do :)

Any Nss nails I've seen are very thin and flat with no apex. They are so strong they don't need much product.
Why specifically does she want their tips?

If the nails are flat from an NSS they won't be the (very skilled & technical!) one bead method they will be the easy to apply (no skill required) tip & dip system, which with this method is virtually impossible to get a lovely apex, hence the flatness!! It can be quite deflating when they prefer a nail that is not aesthetically pleasing to the professionally trained eye! Educate her, tell her the apex is key & provides the nail with strength also it mimics the curve of the natural nail too! But at the end of it, given all the information, she's gonna like what she likes!!

If the nails are flat from an NSS they won't be the (very skilled & technical!) one bead method they will be the easy to apply (no skill required) tip & dip system, which with this method is virtually impossible to get a lovely apex, hence the flatness!! It can be quite deflating when they prefer a nail that is not aesthetically pleasing to the professionally trained eye! Educate her, tell her the apex is key & provides the nail with strength also it mimics the curve of the natural nail too! But at the end of it, given all the information, she's gonna like what she likes!!

Yes, using the one bead method to produce a beautifully balanced, well structured, aesthetically pleasing enhancement, is a technical and skilled process! Unfortunately, due to the NSS technician's lack of skill and technical knowledge, the enhancements they produce using this method are very lacking. I know some of those flat enhancements are L&P not tip and dip, can tell by their inability to soak off and the distinctly offense odour of MMA nails when filing. I've unfortunately also had much personal experience of how NSS create L&P enhancements, as I was a very frequent patron before I knew any better *cringe*
I wouldn't even call it the 'one bead' method as in my experience they don't even pick up a 'bead' and pat and pull etc. They work very wet and paint it on, hence no structure/apex, and also the increased incidents of over exposure and allergy. It's their lack of skill and knowledge that leads to the creation of flat nails with WHICHEVER methods and systems they use.

It's definitely not tip and dip. Her nss nails were flatter, and wider at the end, almost fan shaped at the free edge. The nsi tips I use have a deeper c curve to them.

Just to jump on the end of this thread a client had text me asking if I do "nextgen" nails aren't these mma?

Just to jump on the end of this thread a client had text me asking if I do "nextgen" nails aren't these mma?

Nextgen is just a brand of Tip and Dip, which uses Cyanoacrylate resin, not MMA monomer.

Next gen are like sns dip and buff rather than liquid and powder i think.

I have just been asked to rebalance the nexgen nails, I use CND liquid & powder & brisa gel, any suggestions or would it not be ideal?

I have just been asked to rebalance the nexgen nails, I use CND liquid & powder & brisa gel, any suggestions or would it not be ideal?
You will need to put a new set on

Is it soak off or file off?

Latest posts

Back